Classical Synth Music -- Fantasy in E minor

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A classical piece, a little under four minutes long -- "Fantasy in E Minor." You can either stream it from the soundclick link at my signature, or direct link to:

http://www.archive.org/download/Orkestr ... _Minor.mp3

Thanks for listening. Any comments are appreciated.

Sort of a 3-part invention? There are some interesting variants on the baroque harmonies. For instance, I'm not sure that Bach would suddenly have that section in F (if I hear correctly), at about 1/3 of the piece.

Quite enjoyable.

Victor.

Sounds great, goldbaker. Some very cool counterpoint in the tune.

... the saddest of all keys... no, that would be D minor, at least according to Nigel Tufnel. :lol:

Wonderful piece goldbaker, really enjoyed it!
Image Image

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated

[quote="VicDiesel"]I'm not sure that Bach would suddenly have that section in F (if I hear correctly), at about 1/3 of the piece.
quote]

Actually, the first part of the piece sneaks into an A-minor ending, then jumps up to Bb major -- I'd think it was going into F too, if I heard it though. Then it moves into C# minor for the fugue-like section, round the circle of fifths to finish that part in C minor, and then back up to E minor for the finish.

I tend to let the modulations take me where they will, and then try to work my way back to the original key. This is the first piece over 2 minutes, I've done in a while, though. (KVR contests, patience, etc.)

With the regard to the Spinal Tap reference, I always found that the flat-side minor keys (D minor, G minor, C minor) seemed to have a powerfully somber feel, while the sharp side (E minor, B minor, etc.) had a "sadder" feel. I think there have been other threads on whether particular keys actually sound different.

Return to “Music Cafe”