The mutation is complete

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a Roland Juno 106. :D
Mizutaphile.

And I swear to god, that was my first guess.

Because it's really the only analog synth I know of. >_>
Mizutaphile.

Sadly, no.

It is not a Roland.

Isn't this fun, though?

:[
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote::[
Oh well.

Being a first class synth spotter is a sure sign of being a bona fide nerd anyway.

The machine is..............

a Yamaha CS-15

And I must say, that whatever its disadvantages (no midi for starters), it really is fun to be able to tweak knobs without having to use a mouse.

Can we get a 13/8 song with live drums and your Yamaha out of you in the next 5 hours please?

:D

runagate wrote:Can we get a 13/8 song with live drums and your Yamaha out of you in the next 5 hours please?

:D
Sorry.

I am going back to bed. :zzz:

See you in the morning, all.

herodotus wrote:
Ildon wrote::[
Oh well.

Being a first class synth spotter is a sure sign of being a bona fide nerd anyway.

The machine is..............

a Yamaha CS-15

And I must say, that whatever its disadvantages (no midi for starters), it really is fun to be able to tweak knobs without having to use a mouse.
Oh, damn, dude... I was so going to say "Yamaha?" next. :P
Mizutaphile.

:hihi:
I was going to say Yamaha, thought Roland might be a bit too obvious, but went with it anyway.

bluedad wrote::hihi:
I was going to say Yamaha, thought Roland might be a bit too obvious, but went with it anyway.
Well, I don't think that I would have gotten it if it were a Roland.

The thing is, I inherited this from a Public School that was (if you can believe it) about to throw it out.

It just made weird noises and they thought it was broken. :bang:

A Roland might have had a few presets that sounded like something from an eighties pop song, and so they would have saved it (without doing anything silly like using it or anything).

herodotus wrote:The thing is, I inherited this from a Public School that was (if you can believe it) about to throw it out.

:lol: !!

Are you kidding me!? I wish the schools around here would do stuff like that. :hihi:

Edited. Forgot part of the quote. :dog:
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote:
herodotus wrote:The thing is, I inherited this from a Public School that was (if you can believe it) about to throw it out.

:lol: !!

Are you kidding me!? I wish the schools around here would do stuff like that. :hihi:

Edited. Forgot part of the quote. :dog:
Minneapolis Public Schools are really good at wasting money.

Did I mention that along with the cs15 they were also going to throw out a (slightly damaged but easily repairable) Hohner Clavinet and a 22 inch gong??

If my buddy hadn't been working that school on that day, the dumpster would have been about 30 pounds heavier with about 1500$ worth of musical gear.
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Wow.
Mizutaphile.

Tis odd.
Our schools used to be so good :_(

I didn't even ever play a recorder in school though;
I taught myself when I was about 19 years old.

Can I come to your house and get wailed on with your hong yet?

runagate wrote:Tis odd.
Our schools used to be so good :_(

I didn't even ever play a recorder in school though;
I taught myself when I was about 19 years old.

Can I come to your house and get wailed on with your hong yet?
The gong (if that is what you meant, although maybe a 'hong' is some sick thing that I haven't heard of) is at my bandmates house, which is where we do our rehearsing and whatnot.

You are welcome to come over some Saturday.

But be warned, we are awfully self indulgent.

Return to “Music Cafe”