Mully rocks

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well it's not finished by any means and more of a proof of concept that I can use FLStudio to make rock music....

the lyrics are just a placeholder and the mix is unfinished.... but since it's so different from my usual work I just wanted to share this with you now

so don't be too hard on me

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 2C57E25451

oh yeah and I know that the bass blows everything else away... I'm just trying to learn how to mix in FL without my PC going bonkers

Hey Mully!

I don't care about the neighbors either. :D
Did you sing this? The vocals sound really dreamy and cool. Nice voice for a rocksong, too. The bass isn't disturbingly loud, either.

Nice piece! :tu:
:/:\

Thanks Ahlyn,

yeah I did sing this... maybe the vocals are a bit too dreamy for this piece but I guess I might not care about the neighbours but they seem to care when I sing too loud ;)

I did a little remix here and there and will upload a new version soon

cheers,
mully
Last edited by multree on Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yeah, bass was boomin'. did you use a cymbal crash at all on drums? i heard some hi-hat dynamics but don't remember hearing a cymbal crash just once :lol: not that it matters, just an observation.

only other thing was the vocal part (chorus i guess) with the distorted vocals. personally, i didn't like the panning there. i would run the distorted vocals right down the middle and the higher clean parts panned left and right. the distortion was a bit much too as I couldn't understand all the lyrics (maybe a mixing thing tho).

your stuff isn't metal :wink: , but it's good for what it is.

lates

t-willy

t-willy wrote:yeah, bass was boomin'. did you use a cymbal crash at all on drums? i heard some hi-hat dynamics but don't remember hearing a cymbal crash just once :lol: not that it matters, just an observation.

only other thing was the vocal part (chorus i guess) with the distorted vocals. personally, i didn't like the panning there. i would run the distorted vocals right down the middle and the higher clean parts panned left and right. the distortion was a bit much too as I couldn't understand all the lyrics (maybe a mixing thing tho).

your stuff isn't metal :wink: , but it's good for what it is.

lates

t-willy
hehe never pretended to be... :)

well the distorion was there cuz I hadn't any lyrics and just made stuff up on the fly which didn't make sense ;)

but yeah.... I still like the other way of songwriting more I guess... where the song is finished with just guitar and vocals before I even begin to record.... this was done with self made loops and then I just rearranged them till it fit

well no cymbals as of yet... got another mixdown coming which has some in there ;)

okay... new version without vocals and incredibly lame over delayed leadlick in the middle ;)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 92427E45FC

Hey Mully,

This has a very nice mix sound and also the guitars sounding fine! Good drum work! :)

cheers,
thom
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Thanks Thom,

it's far from being done yet though.... but I made some progress again and will post more tomorrow

cheers,
mully

Is that BFD? Those are real drums, right?

Good tune, I like it; a little more manic than your other stuff. The mix is...my GOD turn that bass down...anyway, you know. I look forward to more advanced mixes (nothing like learning a new host!).

THere's some weird phasey thing going on in the snare/hat at the start of "MullyBrushes"...

As always, wonderful song, Mully. :D

That's BFD all right... howelse would I be able to exchange drumkitpieces ;)

cheers mate - yeah I will keep working on this btw... any chance you still got that midi file for Change... cuz I never got that one... the others are about to be ready in a week or two.... and I'll send you the files (sorry it took so long - had a little black hole)

cheers,
mully

It's the J&F pack though so you might think it's real since this pack has the most amazing HiHat

multree wrote:That's BFD all right... howelse would I be able to exchange drumkitpieces ;)

cheers mate - yeah I will keep working on this btw... any chance you still got that midi file for Change... cuz I never got that one... the others are about to be ready in a week or two.... and I'll send you the files (sorry it took so long - had a little black hole)

cheers,
mully
Hey man, I've been mixing my album for seven years! No need to explain. Black holes occur..

Yeah, I should still have it, sorry, thought you got everything. Will send along - is an album forthcoming?

That's BFD!! Jesus. We're beyond the pale, people. Wow.

well I hope it is.... I gotta get my shit together and force me to get on with it... and finally get those songs out of my system ;) but yeah I hope... maybe just an EP but I wanna release something that I'm proud of and leave everything away that's not 100% or at least 95% right

multree wrote:well I hope it is.... I gotta get my shit together and force me to get on with it... and finally get those songs out of my system ;) but yeah I hope... maybe just an EP but I wanna release something that I'm proud of and leave everything away that's not 100% or at least 95% right
Well, if it means anything, I loved the tunes I heard and I would seriously have bought your EP, even if I didn't know you from here. I bet some others feel the same too! But I know it's hard to release our babies into the wild...and mixing is a pain in the ass sometimes! :x

yeah it is... and my PC seems to keep getting slower and slower... :(

Return to “Music Cafe”