Rokers - A new track by me.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you think...Shite? alright? :P

I posted a thread a few days ago to ask for a little help with the mix, but i had no joy there. Anyway, i think i have it right...think being the operative word here.

Any criticism, help, recommendations will be much appreciated.

Right click & Save As... Google limits uploads to 10MB, that's why it's @ 128kbps :|

Okay. Don't take this down before tomorrow night, you. :o

I don't have the time to listen now but I will tomorrow!!
:/:\

All right, you patronizing c**t, I'm going to try to give this a fair review.

This is typical music from you. I like it a lot. Very lively. Drop the kick and snare at first, though. Instead bring in those hihats first, then layer the kick and snare over them. Or bring in the hihats with the kick and the snare all at the same time, and create a fill that leads into the beat. The rhythm feels very uncertain without those hihats and it did throw me off some.

The lead synth is a little too loud, too. Mixed nicely in general. It has a full, rich sound.

Overall it sounds like you're getting bored with your style. Your musical skill has exceeded this kind of thing. It's time to search out new challenges, I think.
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote:All right, you patronizing c**t, I'm going to try to give this a fair review.

This is typical music from you. I like it a lot. Very lively. Drop the kick and snare at first, though. Instead bring in those hihats first, then layer the kick and snare over them. Or bring in the hihats with the kick and the snare all at the same time, and create a fill that leads into the beat. The rhythm feels very uncertain without those hihats and it did throw me off some.

The lead synth is a little too loud, too. Mixed nicely in general. It has a full, rich sound.

Overall it sounds like you're getting bored with your style. Your musical skill has exceeded this kind of thing. It's time to search out new challenges, I think.
It's a f*cking work of genius, you obviously wont 'get' it first time round. :|

:lol: Man, i embarass myself with the shit i come out with at times, even if only in jest. :lol:

For real though, I am actually getting pretty bored with how i do things, it's as if i have a template and just swap parts out and call it a new track. :P Maybe learning to actually play an instrument of some sort would help...or learn those chord things (i still have that ricci adams link you shared with me, but haven't visited the page yet :cry: ). :P

Too loud? Man, logitech speakers aren't as great for mixing as i have been lead to believe (neither are £9.99 sony headphones). :| :P But those are excuses, not reasons...it sounds 'ok' to me, but i'm not sure if i actually know the difference between good and bad. :cry: :P

Thanks for taking the time to listen though, i normally just ignore little bitches like you. :| :lol: :P

:lol:

:hug:

Approach music backwards. Instead of coming up with a phrase, then a beat, etc. come up with a whole 8 bar melody. Then try to add drums, or harmonies, or whatever. Even if it sounds weird to you. :)
Mizutaphile.

Welp...new(er) version uploaded, not that anyone apart from Ildon gives a f**k :cry: :lol: :P

If you found a niche audience and worked on your confidence, you could very easily make money off of this.

This mix is much better, by the way. Everything fits perfectly. The lead is still kinda loud, but I like it. In fact, I love the lead... a lot. You do a lot of neat things to it.
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote:If you found a niche audience and worked on your confidence, you could very easily make money off of this.
:P I highly doubt that, but thanks for the vote of confidence nonetheless. :P If i can't even give it away...:lol:
Ildon wrote:This mix is much better, by the way. Everything fits perfectly. The lead is still kinda loud, but I like it. In fact, I love the lead... a lot. You do a lot of neat things to it.
Thanks mate. I still have a LOT to learn in all music related fields (especially what my hosts/instruments are capable of, i don't think i know even 10% of that thus far...people talk about, what seem to be, basic things FLStusio or acid are capable of, and every time it's completely new to me, i'm not even sure if the fls demo comes with a manual). Anyway, thanks again Ildon. From now on i may as well just send you a link to my latest noodlings and bypass posting in here altogether. :lol:

Reverse Engineer wrote:
Ildon wrote:If you found a niche audience and worked on your confidence, you could very easily make money off of this.
:P I highly doubt that, but thanks for the vote of confidence nonetheless. :P If i can't even give it away...:lol:
You're just not showing them to the right people! Believe me, there's definitely a place for musicians like you, Naoshi Mizuta and Toshiro Masuda. ;)

But if you're truly getting bored, then you should definitely expand and not worry about sounding bad. If you worry too much about how your stuff sounds, you'll miss out on a lot.
Ildon wrote:This mix is much better, by the way. Everything fits perfectly. The lead is still kinda loud, but I like it. In fact, I love the lead... a lot. You do a lot of neat things to it.
Thanks mate. I still have a LOT to learn in all music related fields (especially what my hosts/instruments are capable of, i don't think i know even 10% of that thus far...people talk about, what seem to be, basic things FLStusio or acid are capable of, and every time it's completely new to me, i'm not even sure if the fls demo comes with a manual). Anyway, thanks again Ildon. From now on i may as well just send you a link to my latest noodlings and bypass posting in here altogether. :lol:
You do have a lot to learn, yup, but you have a massive amount of raw talent you're tapping into, and you're probably the first case I've seen of someone who doesn't know that much, and sounds great because of it. You're just one of those people who understands things like harmony, rhythm, melody, and maybe even production, differently from the norm.
Mizutaphile.

Why the name "Rokers" by the way?
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote:Why the name "Rokers" by the way?
Roken is dodelijk
Fumer tue
Rauchen ist tödlich...it says that on my baccy packet, so in a fit of inspiration :lol: i changed the n to r and added an s. :o :P

Rokers= People who smoke, in Dutch. Derived from Roken, which means smoking.. and "Roken is dodelijk".. Smoking is deadly!

Yay for non-smokers. :O

If you're just gonna send Ildon your stuff, make sure he passes it on to me too. I like listening to you. :(
:/:\

:hihi:

Hey man, sometimes it's hard coming up with a name for a song. :0

Edit: Okay, nevermind. Where did you come from?! Get on MSN! :D
Mizutaphile.

highly enjoyable minimal track. the kind you keep bobbing too while you have it on repeat for 15 minutes until you notice :D
i like how you build up the beat. great flow overall. nice lead sound.
this could have me dancing with some extra drums (but that's just my weird taste probably), and maybe some fast deep jungle bass. as it stands, it's cool listening music for me. :tu:

cptgone wrote:highly enjoyable minimal track. the kind you keep bobbing too while you have it on repeat for 15 minutes until you notice :D
i like how you build up the beat. great flow overall. nice lead sound.
this could have me dancing with some extra drums (but that's just my weird taste probably), and maybe some fast deep jungle bass. as it stands, it's cool listening music for me. :tu:
Cheers for having a listen and commenting cptgone, it's very much appreciated. Funny you should mention a jungle bass, that's what i actually intended to add intially (the 'bass' sound that's used is from xhip, and i read xhip had a good jungle bass preset for it, so i downloaded it, tried it and didn't really like it :P ...i did try to adjust it to my taste, but xhips gui is a headache to me :lol: , it's an amazing sounding, low cpu impact synth, but a bugger to program). As for more percussion, the first one i uploaded actually had less. :dog: :lol: :P

Return to “Music Cafe”