[TC] OCEAXE from 1979

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is something from my past, and dug up(and will perhaps get lost) on that "first song" thread.

O C E A X E

http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=1368

Inspired by Edgar Froesa's AQUA..an aqualic journey.
EML200/300. Arp Odysee,Roland100 system with sequencer, An autoharp, Processed Yamaha Organ( this one had the vibrato by moving your fingers back and forth on the keys..very cool!)

The EMLs and Arp does the bubbles. I remember having all my patch charts for these, as it was somewhat a very planned out composition. Its actually 3 more parts after those two.

Its pretty ambient at the beginning, but then dives into Roland 100 sequences..had about 4 of them going at once, along with white noise percussion! Some of the lead was done on my EML 300 matric keyboard controller as well as the Arp. I was not a very good keyboardist then..just mostly doing sound.

This was done at the DeAnza college (Cupertino, CA) Electronic music studio when my prof.. Allen Strange was there. I was the tutor for the class at the time as well. The techique was bouncing from one tape recorder to another, as they had two sony tape decks in the studio. One also doubled as an echo delay device( anybody else used to do that??..Tape echo is very coool!!)

I think this was 1979. Not too bad quality. I have everything on reel to reel tape..I just got to get a "real" tape recorder some day so I can revisit this stuff. I was lucky at one point when I transferred this piece to cassette from the reel to reel. Then I found the cassette, and did a soundforge job on it.

ENJOY!!

Actually, you might see a patch called PAD OCEAXE in a number of synths I've done work on, and it was to try to re-create this piece..basically that cool yamaha organ and bubbles. I don't think I could ever get it exactly like that however.

Tim

Very nice Tim...you really captured the feel of "Aqua". It's making me wish my new studio was completely up and running so I could have some fun patching... :cry:

There is a discernible depth to these sounds...the sense of space is well defined and the sequencing is top notch. I love this sort of thing, and you do it very well indeed.
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

hi,

Can I preface my review with a request for you to make a patch like this song for Cameleon 5000? I would appreciate it.

Now:

Have you ever gotten into your submersible vehicle on a whim on a weekend day to explore the depths of the ocean? While inside, knowing you have no speakers in the cockpit, all of a sudden this sound you hear of Mr. Conrardy's orchastrate envelopes your surroundings? Well I have, and let me tell you, it is amazing what depths you can navigate while listening to this flanged and reverbed out sonic landscape. Simplicity is definately apparent here, with the touch of "I don't give a f!ck about the socially acceptable musical landscape, I am me." This is very wet with a trip in time, and still I am dry with the reality around me....wonderful(except for the fade out at the end, 1979 or not, you gotta come better than that, you had a trip going...ease out baby)

**on a quadruple side note: I was born in 1979, so I assume you were naturally making this as a theme song for me right?

sloworm wrote:hi,

Can I preface my review with a request for you to make a patch like this song for Cameleon 5000? I would appreciate it.

Now:

Have you ever gotten into your submersible vehicle on a whim on a weekend day to explore the depths of the ocean? While inside, knowing you have no speakers in the cockpit, all of a sudden this sound you hear of Mr. Conrardy's orchastrate envelopes your surroundings? Well I have, and let me tell you, it is amazing what depths you can navigate while listening to this flanged and reverbed out sonic landscape. Simplicity is definately apparent here, with the touch of "I don't give a f!ck about the socially acceptable musical landscape, I am me." This is very wet with a trip in time, and still I am dry with the reality around me....wonderful(except for the fade out at the end, 1979 or not, you gotta come better than that, you had a trip going...ease out baby)

**on a quadruple side note: I was born in 1979, so I assume you were naturally making this as a theme song for me right?
I'll see about doing a Cameleon patch, and I may have done so allready, as I have done so many of those :-)

Sorry about the fade-out. The original piece is not that way..it even goes on for several more minutes, then goes into another part of the aqueous landscape. This was just an exerpt which I did not want a hugely long piece to post( although sometimes that does not matter here) the full piece is 31 MBs!

Thanks for your comments..I might do a modern version with VST's for fun. Don't know if I could replicate that yamaha organ however. It had two banks of drawbars, and you can switch between them. It was a big silky black thing..but I lent it to a freind..and never got it back.

Tim

I grabbed it; I'll be back when I awaken.

Sir Timgar Froesrady, what are you doing here at this kaviar-café? You really are quite an enthusiast. 1979? o' dear......well.....wonderful...a tangerine dream Tim.....Thanks for that!

Mellodumbo
"It dreamed itself along"

tconrardy wrote:
sloworm wrote:hi,

Now:

I'll see about doing a Cameleon patch, and I may have done so allready, as I have done so many of those :-)

Sorry about the fade-out. The original piece is not that way..it even goes on for several more minutes, then goes into another part of the aqueous landscape. This was just an exerpt which I did not want a hugely long piece to post( although sometimes that does not matter here) the full piece is 31 MBs!

Thanks for your comments..I might do a modern version with VST's for fun. Don't know if I could replicate that yamaha organ however. It had two banks of drawbars, and you can switch between them. It was a big silky black thing..but I lent it to a freind..and never got it back.

Tim
Cool, I would love to hear the rest, if you are up to posting it!?

TC wrote:This is 1979
:shock:

Get that reel to reel quick, for I think there's loads of gems lying and waiting to beguile our listeners ears yet.

Beauty in terminus magnus!

well..I don't know if the wusik account can do a big file like that.I might use up all my space :-) ( Heaven forbid!!) :shock:

Maybe I'll post another exerpt.

Tim

Sounds nice and....well...analog :) Has a sound that vsti's never seem to get. Very nice indeed.

wonderful in every part.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

TC youre one of the most interesting (and talented) synth tweakers I've found on the net, and even more so listening to this peice.

Have any more laying around? :D

Very beautiful.

The Chase wrote:TC youre one of the most interesting (and talented) synth tweakers I've found on the net, and even more so listening to this peice.

Have any more laying around? :D

yeah..but not any from that era readily avialable.Need to find a reel to reel tape player for that.

But I have some from 1980's when I got my dx7 :-)

and also my first stuff with softsynths.

Tim

tconrardy wrote:

well..I don't know if the wusik account can do a big file like that.I might use up all my space :-) ( Heaven forbid!!) :shock:

Maybe I'll post another exerpt.

Tim
http://www.sampletorrents.com/index.php

Is infinitely big big enough?

Return to “Music Cafe”