Glooper - So very beautiful - Trip hop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did this a while a go now.. But revisited over the last week. trying out some new drums on there using RMX. So thought I'd post it again to get some feedback on me the new mix.

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/Gloope ... -%2010.mp3

THinking the drums are too loud now though.. :|

Ben

edit: removed the last version as I was hogging two spots in a row on the KVR music thang..:)
Last edited by Glooper on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

You're not concerned with the backing track, are you?
The only thing I'd recommend there is that the mix is so spare and open you may want to use some tube saturation on it.

For Ms. Streisand, though, I have no recommendation.

runagate wrote:You're not concerned with the backing track, are you?
Ay? Of course I am? it was the drums I've mainly been working on
runagate wrote: The only thing I'd recommend there is that the mix is so spare and open you may want to use some tube saturation on it.
Already got some slight compression on the master bus... Will try and dig out some tube saturation... though I don't think I have any nice natural tube saturatorerers :)
runagate wrote: For Ms. Streisand, though, I have no recommendation.
Ms Streisand... hmm.. don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

RMX has a good tube saturation effect I think....

sorry I'm at work so I can't listen to this yet, just thought I'd chip for the sake of it :wink:

Glooper wrote:I did this a while a go now.. But revisited over the last week. trying out some new drums on there using RMX. So thought I'd post it again to get some feedback on me the new mix.

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/Gloope ... 0-%209.mp3

Still doesn't sound as good as I think it should.. but run out of ideas no how to improve it!
Try by changing the spelling to "beautiful".

I dunno, Gloop, it sounds good to me.

If you're going for "open" and "clean" sounding it sounds great.

If you're trying to dirty it up well, that's harder than cleaning. :)

MotorMind wrote:
Glooper wrote:I did this a while a go now.. But revisited over the last week. trying out some new drums on there using RMX. So thought I'd post it again to get some feedback on me the new mix.

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/Gloope ... 0-%209.mp3

Still doesn't sound as good as I think it should.. but run out of ideas no how to improve it!
Try by changing the spelling to "beautiful".
Fixed! \o/

runagate wrote:I dunno, Gloop, it sounds good to me.

If you're going for "open" and "clean" sounding it sounds great.

If you're trying to dirty it up well, that's harder than cleaning. :)
Well thats good..

Not sure whether I'm going for dirty or clean really!.. probably more to the dirty yet warm side than the clean and cold..

Ben

Send it on over to me and I'll make it warm real quick.

CypherOne wrote:RMX has a good tube saturation effect I think....

sorry I'm at work so I can't listen to this yet, just thought I'd chip for the sake of it :wink:
It does.. but can't see how you can use the RMX effects outside of RMX to apply the saturation on the whole mix? :S

Ben

Nice work! :)
Yeah it's exceptionally clean and open as a trip hop tune. but if the mix is more dirty or muddy, it may sound too Potisheadish.

This is awesome. I was a little skeptical at the beginning, but the guitar and singer really make this piece. Nice drums too.

I want a dirtier vibraphone. Or a more realistic one, whichever. It just feels too dry and digital. Maybe just a touch more reverb would help that out.

Yeah... the vibraphone's about the only thing really detracting from my enjoyment of the piece. But it's awesome aside from that!

Here ya go... I used:
  • TubeLimit
    Satoo
    PhatBuzzFree
    6-BC 6 Band Compressor

So Very Beautiful to me Dirty Mix

i love this. bravos.

runagate wrote:Here ya go... I used:
  • TubeLimit
    Satoo
    PhatBuzzFree
    6-BC 6 Band Compressor
So Very Beautiful to me Dirty Mix
well ... if were playing ...

... just for shits and giggles ben ... eqium ... trash ... GUP-1 ... 4front auxiter ... ozone3 ... heading off towards portishead / death in vegas territory ...

(more for overall vibe than anything else ... doing it on the whole (converted .mp3) mix rather than having the individual tracks to work on it has to be that way)

http://experimentfour.brinkster.net/aud ... sedmix.mp3

slainte :ud: rob

Return to “Music Cafe”