KVR Music Tracker

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

markdeaton wrote:wait a sec...there used to be a KVR radio stream?
Yup, it was called Eclecticmeme.com and had several threads in Everything Else (including a sticky) and a few threads here in the cafe.
I believe that Techbot, the guy who virtually single-handedly funded and ran the thing, finally pulled the plug through lack of interest. :?
Pity. It was good.

It costs a load of cash to run a radio station online.

Yeah, that's my point. (Although it costs nothing to listen to it. :wink: ) The guy was funding it himself but getting precious little interest, so what was his incentive? In the end, the few that supported him just wasn't enough for him to keep it going. Not to mention the time he put into it and the technical problems caused by a crap server company. Too much for one guy with too little support. :?

This fills the gap left by the station nicely though. :)

Hovmod wrote:I like 313.mp3. Who's that?

i have a few with similar names but i dont think that one is mine...
can you not click on the comment option and see where is takes you?

This fills the gap left by the station nicely though.
Yep, streaming on demand is the way to go.

This is a really nice tool, to get a quick overview of the music people play, nice work.

I must say there is plenty with also good quality :harp:

Kind regards,

Percy TKNX

Enjoy the day if it's your last!

vurt wrote:
Hovmod wrote:I like 313.mp3. Who's that?

i have a few with similar names but i dont think that one is mine...
can you not click on the comment option and see where is takes you?
That one was racMiel's.

Very nice! a great way to listen to kvr music!

It's great, but it needs a feature that allows us to rename our mp3s. i upload my to a mp3 hosting site and they rename to a number.
Mbox 2, iMac Intel, Trigger finger, Logic Express, Ableton Live Lite, FL Studio
animism | Youtube

Ben [KVR] wrote:It periodically searches the first post in topics in the Music Cafe forum for any direct links to *.mp3 or *.ogg files. It doesn't look in any other forums, or any replies, and it ignores any other links, so myspace, soundclick, etc. links are ignored.
I got a question to that, unless that was already answered.

Let's say I post my track on 15th January and present a public beta or something like that, tell the peeps that I'm still working on it, but feel confident enough to post it already, even though it's only 70% done.

Then I come back in like 4 weeks (around 10th February), update the first post with the finished version and write on the replay "I'm done folks, take a listen".

How does the tracker respond to that? Will it find my track anew, or will it ignore my post as it's a month old and was listed in the "last 100 tracks" playlist on the tracker page?

I don't want to spam the boards with every new version of my track. :D

EDIT:
Oh yeah, almost forgot. Are "remixes" allowed?
(i.e. from videogames, own tracks over vocal bootlegs, cover versions, etc)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

i've had 5 tracks in the music cafe in the last 2 weeks and the tracker hasn't seen any of them =(

2NDMOUSE wrote:i've had 5 tracks in the music cafe in the last 2 weeks and the tracker hasn't seen any of them =(
Just above your post, Ben [KVR] was quoted
Ben [KVR] wrote:It periodically searches the first post in topics in the Music Cafe forum for any direct links to *.mp3 or *.ogg files. It doesn't look in any other forums, or any replies, and it ignores any other links, so myspace, soundclick, etc. links are ignored.
This space intentionally left blank

yeah I like that! lol

FYI

Someone requested *.m4a support, so I've just added it.

Hi Ben,
How periodically does it search the first posts? I posted this last night.
It has 2 tracks on the first post, both streamable MP3's from my site.
But the first one was not recognized on the KVR music page.
Anything i can do to fix that or will it fix itself? I listen to that KVR music page a lot these days, especially at work.
Thanks in advance.
J

Return to “Music Cafe”