KVR Music Tracker

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to know if this works with soundcloud.com?
With the musicplayer of soundcloud, or do I have to put the downloadlink in my topic.

This all off course to get in the member music area

boyd12 wrote:I would like to know if this works with soundcloud.com?
With the musicplayer of soundcloud, or do I have to put the downloadlink in my topic.

This all off course to get in the member music area
Direct mp3, ogg, or m4a link in the first post of your thread is, I think, the only way to have it show up in the tracker.
No longer a moderator.

yeah

Still wrong filename extension :(
FHS, please name it kvr_music.m3u, Thank you :)

I don't know if this is the right place for this comment, but I have been listening to music here on KVR for about 8 months now and have to say that I am amazed on an almost daily basis by the quality of the submissions to this forum. It can be very time-consuming listening to (let alone commenting on) everything that appears here, (especially when so many tracks require multiple listens to really appreciate), but this place is a proverbial goldmine.

Congratulations to all involved in this forum on their efforts, and hopefully, their successes.

Living in interesting times.

Tim

I would like to have my track on the music tracker, but I don't know if I'm at the right place for it....:

A download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2KI9LEQ1

You're not.
Ben [KVR] wrote:It periodically searches the first post in topics in the Music Cafe forum for any direct links to *.mp3 or *.ogg files [or *.m4a--DHM]. It doesn't look in any other forums, or any replies, and it ignores any other links, so myspace, soundclick, etc. links are ignored.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:You're not.
Ben [KVR] wrote:It periodically searches the first post in topics in the Music Cafe forum for any direct links to *.mp3 or *.ogg files [or *.m4a--DHM]. It doesn't look in any other forums, or any replies, and it ignores any other links, so myspace, soundclick, etc. links are ignored.
I'm wondering. It's really strange this month that so many people can't understand even the most basic instructions on how to post links in the cafe. In over ten years I don't think I've ever seen so many complaints in one week about how people can't get their links to work-- "How can I make my link work?" questions. It's weird.

Is it maybe because the page is so busy with ads and stuff that it's too overwhelming on the brain or something?

Is it because the GIANT INSANELY OBVIOUS SPACE on the right of the screen showing the easily clickable MEMBER MUSIC tab is not easy to understand for non-native English speakers or general illiterates? Has there been an enormous marketing push to sell internet-ready computers in remote areas of Kansas? Or are people just being brain-lazy?

Do we need more/better/easier to understand instructions?

I just don't know.
No longer a moderator.

Possibly it's down to the fact most sites are just point and click these days - don't require any reading, but also don't really allow you to have any choice about how your work is presented.

KVR requires more thinking - and reading (horror upon horrors). Having said that, the cafe contest instructions could be a bit clearer on some details, I'd been meaning to make suggestions to Scoops for some time but life just gets in the way ;)

Then again, I never had a problem right from the start, but I do things the old fashioned way - lurk for a while to see what everyone else does :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

:lol:

folderol wrote:
Then again, I never had a problem right from the start, but I do things the old fashioned way - lurk for a while to see what everyone else does :lol:
Lurk, In The Old Fashioned Way.

That is a hell of a song title. I don't think my mother would approve :?

Great!

adj wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:You're not.
I'm wondering. It's really strange this month that so many people can't understand even the most basic instructions on how to post links in the cafe.

Is it because the GIANT INSANELY OBVIOUS SPACE on the right of the screen showing the easily clickable MEMBER MUSIC tab is not easy to understand for non-native English speakers or general illiterates?

Do we need more/better/easier to understand instructions?
Feeling a bit silly now, but which GIANT INSANELY OBVIOUS SPACE on the right of the screen showing the easily clickable MEMBER MUSIC tab? I'm obviously not seeing it for looking at it. :cry:

seismic1 wrote:I don't know if this is the right place for this comment, but I have been listening to music here on KVR for about 8 months now and have to say that I am amazed on an almost daily basis by the quality of the submissions to this forum. It can be very time-consuming listening to (let alone commenting on) everything that appears here, (especially when so many tracks require multiple listens to really appreciate), but this place is a proverbial goldmine.

Congratulations to all involved in this forum on their efforts, and hopefully, their successes.

Living in interesting times.

Tim
Can't but agree, haven't been here for ages, but I don't remember it being so full of good stuff!

Return to “Music Cafe”