September Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK

The contest theme has been posted. Some of you may ask "What does that mean"? Here are some of the possibilities
1) Write a song about the city, state, or country and/or the people in your part of the world
2) Do a cover of a traditional song from your part of the world
3) Do a song in the style that is native to your part of the world.
4) Combine aspects of the three above.

-Scoops
Last edited by Scoops on Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bunch O Stuff

So who'll be the first to post up a track that has nothing to do with the theme?

Coutdown's ticking!

Makes me wish I lived in Bulgaria instead of the Midwest, Scoops ;_)

Cool subject...

You will discover the soundtrack of a french town which has been totally destructed by the allies during the Second War...My town: Brest...Even now, some german sub marine base are intact, we find some old bomb when we construct new building,...

Wow! I like the topic again....only the cover-song aspect is a bit difficult to handle, because I don't like to vote for covers that much, even if they're fabulous like last month. Anyway: great theme!

Thanks!
"It dreamed itself along"

This is a really interesting theme this month.
Good idea.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

OOOOH! Fun! I can do a cover of the Expo 86 theme-song!

:party:

I can cover 'sweet home alabama'!
er, maybe not.
ohh, I know! Randy Newman's 'birmingham'!

hey i could cover YMO's "technopolis"!

I live in Virginia. Do something from Clinch Mountain? Hiphop from DC? A song about Manassas? (site of 2 Civil War battles). Even a song about Falls Church. Hmmm. I'll have to think about this one.

mellotronaut wrote:Wow! I like the topic again....only the cover-song aspect is a bit difficult to handle, because I don't like to vote for covers that much, even if they're fabulous like last month. Anyway: great theme!

Thanks!
But you don't have to do a cover. It's just one possibility, if I read Scoops' message correctly.

cc: maybe you and I could do songs about D.C., duelling from opposite sides of the bridge. :D

I have small parts of about three days available to make music in September, and I have committed to making a song for another project, so I might not have time this month either. Shame, because I like the theme and got a good idea immediately. :(
Rakkervoksen

I wish I were from Baltimore so I could do "Baltimore Buzz" by Eubie Blake!

Or that song Tori Amos did called, inexplicably, "I'm A Baltimoron"

ZachBG wrote:cc: maybe you and I could do songs about D.C., duelling from opposite sides of the bridge. :D
:D

Songs about DC. Or about Maryland-Virginia. Lots of possibilities there!

ccollinsmith wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:Wow! I like the topic again....only the cover-song aspect is a bit difficult to handle, because I don't like to vote for covers that much, even if they're fabulous like last month. Anyway: great theme!

Thanks!
But you don't have to do a cover. It's just one possibility, if I read Scoops' message correctly.
No,no...I just don't like voting for cover-versions. :wink:

m
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Music Cafe”