September Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mo Verdigast wrote:

Sepheritoh - govele africa - I really like this a lot. The flute is fascinating. I may have to hunt it down. I could listen to this all night.
I am really glad you enjoyed. The flute is the Korg Audio Chinee winds. Traditionally, the African music of this style uses pennywistle. This chinees wistle sounded so good to my ears that I settled for it rather. Incedently, I won it in the KvR contest earlier this year with the Muzak covers contest. Glad that it gets some attention, and the great sponsors of these contests get some real milage out of their sponsorships. I have been using it many times since I got it.

Thanks everybody for the votes! LOve ya all. (Laguna Rising thanks for the #1).

@Hovmod: I'm sorry if there was some confusion about the Nico. There seem to be many Nico's around. The one I collborated with is not the same guy as the Niko. This Nico is a real good friend here locally. I used to play in a band with him about 20 years ago and we've been great pals since.

@Scott: I'll try to get together with Nico again soon and do some more of this stuff.

It's time for the Kvr Grammy Awards!!

The Winners Are:
papatomany - Best use of sad elements
robledosilva - Best intro
beardedone - Best groove
markleford - Best male vocals
mo verdigast - Best ambience
kovacs - Best synth use
sepheritoh - Best vibe
dr.ax and rockstar_not - Best musical geography entry
slartibartfast - Best song to play friends
zachbg - Best jam song
barnadine - Best melding of instrument and voice
offthewall - Best catchy song
jonny quest - Best for laying back
mrlargefoor - Best fun song
core - Best for dreaming
max el belga - Best changes
ccollinsmith - Best female vocals
brendan5987 - Best dark song
mellotronaut - Best arrangement
kara - Best video game feel
streifentier - Best sincerity
yuga - Best dance tune
scoops - Best production
laguna rising - Best soundtrack tune
nikp2000 - Best guitar tones
niko - Best lyrics
shane sanders - Best hard edge
levitator - Best loose feel
spork - Best horror
knockman - Best instrumentation
oddbods finger - Best appeal
willy west - Best sarcasm
dunks - Best break
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

willy west - Best sarcasm
**walks to podium and snags grammy from Freeztar before pushing him to the audience**

Thank you all. I want to take this opportunity to thank my mommy, my daddy, my sissy, my wittle bro, my neighbor's wife (meow), Chewbaca my pet goldfish and last but not least, i want to thank all my fans (yes all 3 of you).

I just want to let all of you know i didn't expect to win this grammy but i guess it's better than winning a grampy..get it? Grammy....grampy? HAHAHAHAHAHA Bwaa....

May god bless all you ignorant twinkie eating worthless conforming sheep 8)
Recycle food, eat your shit.

:lol:
I just knew that you deserved that award. ;)
:lol:

Damn. The only time EVERYBODY wins something, I'm not in it. :x
Rakkervoksen

:lol: :lol: :lol:

freeztar wrote:ccollinsmith - Best female vocals
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you, all you little people, for bestowing on me this award. I'd like to thank.......... Whaddaya mean my time is up!?!?!?!??

:wink:

great stuff freeztar :D

thankyou to the other reviewers, i don't have time to thank each and everyone, but the comments are much, much appreciated. 8)

following freeztar's list you are cordially invited to download, print and fill in your name on this certificate of merit:

:arrow: click here for full resolution (print @ 300dpi)

regards

EDIT: reuploaded the files as i'd left a layer off the graphic :oops:
Last edited by knockman on Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

"best something or other" :lol:
That's great knockman! I was actually going to pm you about doing up an edited certificate but you beat me to it. :D

_
markelford wrote:Wow, who knew? I was between Upper Arlington and Worthington until January this year.
That's wild, man. And now your down south. I feel for you. Central Ohio can be pretty red and now you're in bubba-land.

Nick

_

freeztar wrote:The Winners Are:
kovacs - Best synth use
I was aiming for "best Scandinavian" since Hovmod wasn't in but the above will suffice. :hihi:

I have now studied the votes and (although some people seem to forget that voting for me is obligatory) I have received 2,941 votes and since I was placed #1 by all of them that gives me 45,247 points. My calculator passed out in the middle of all the maths so I had to sum it up myself but I think the results are pretty interesting. No, no, don't thank me, send all your money to Katrina relief.

:D
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Hello, Mello-lovers.
BTW, Mello gave me already a copy of his first album... :D (I wonder if that caused my pc-crash... ) :-o

Somebody asked for a translation of my lyrics, here it is (I had to look for the spanish version the garbage... :shock: ) :

"In the year '87 I came here with my family to live for ever on this tropical island.
From the first day I felt at home, so much marvallous people, so many things to enjoy." :love:

Oddbods, indeed, Barnadine reached your level of composition quality with his wonderful "Clearing"... :hihi:

Knockman, I wish you lots of strenght... :help:

Markleford, your thingie is unique !!!

DrRASNX, great stuff, it was a :D voting for ya !

Blablabla,... and thank you all

Max, Moo and the Tanga-girls... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

I just perused the voting thread and I noticed a common theme.... Many people slotted Barnadine's song in an upper echelon unreached by other contestants.

I tried to reflect that in my short comment that this was the first time a KVRian submitted song, contest or not, sent chills up and down my spine.

That doesn't happen to me but about a few times per year. It was totally unexpected whilst listening to KVR contest songs. For the most part they are some kind of campy send-up; which is all in good fun and we have fun making them.

But along comes this song which I have to listen to over and over; held mesmerized by the tale it tells and the place that it takes me to, expertly played, sung and mixed, and all in 2 minutes time.

For me it was magical. Thank you so very much to Barnadine for submitting this one.

There were many other good songs this month, but this one was just an order of magnitude higher for me. I note that many did not vote for it; I believe it probably is a style preference issue. Had I the opportunity, I would have voted it a 100 or 1000.

-Scott

rockstar_not wrote:I just perused the voting thread and I noticed a common theme.... Many people slotted Barnadine's song in an upper echelon unreached by other contestants.

I tried to reflect that in my short comment that this was the first time a KVRian submitted song, contest or not, sent chills up and down my spine.

That doesn't happen to me but about a few times per year. It was totally unexpected whilst listening to KVR contest songs. For the most part they are some kind of campy send-up; which is all in good fun and we have fun making them.

But along comes this song which I have to listen to over and over; held mesmerized by the tale it tells and the place that it takes me to, expertly played, sung and mixed, and all in 2 minutes time.

For me it was magical. Thank you so very much to Barnadine for submitting this one.

There were many other good songs this month, but this one was just an order of magnitude higher for me. I note that many did not vote for it; I believe it probably is a style preference issue. Had I the opportunity, I would have voted it a 100 or 1000.

-Scott
totally.

it's simply pure in a way that makes most else pale - alot of us submit tracks which allow us to enjoy ourselves, be daft or what have you, and i think that is the essence of these contests, but a track like "the clearing" is of another cloth.

not that barnadine can't do "fun", remember almost kvr? :D

a great montht all round.

Return to “Music Cafe”