Polyslax - Bye Bye Butterfly

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the interest of brevity - a real quickie for me. Oh, and I don't know what possessed me to work at this bpm - 150!

Bye Bye Butterfly

128 bit .mp3
2.3 mb
2:30 mins

Comments welcome.
Image Image

Is this just too frantic and silly?
Image Image

Hey, wtf, I'm pretty sure I posted a comment on this!?

Um, I will when I get back. Again. Stupid brain isn't working. I listened to it last night though and liked it.

love it!
cheezy organ riff and frentic drum groove!
not knowledgable (sp?) to comment regarding mix, but this put a grin on my face.

Frantic and silly? Yup. Is that a bad thing? Nope. Especially not in this case.

I have to admit, though, it isn't my favorite one from you. Still very cool and original. :D

The phrase is very catchy.
Mizutaphile.

The drums are really cooooooll ... as in reaaally coooool. If you're listening to this and not moving at least one part of your body, ears have been wasted on you. Only thing I'd change is maybe bring out the bass a bit more. Or maybe thats just my ears being fatigued again. :shrug: :tu:

Very cool!
The beat is definitly infectous and groovy. The simple (lofi?) organ is a nice touch. A little variety would go a long way for this though. Sounds like a great WIP.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Thanks everyone, your comments are very much appreciated!
Image Image

Fun beat -- about the right length for this sort of thing.

Cheers goldbaker!
Image Image

Is it related to the Pauline Olivieros tune of the same name? (I don't hear much similarity...)
It's a rave, Lewis!

DWb wrote:Is it related to the Pauline Olivieros tune of the same name? (I don't hear much similarity...)
Ah but have you tried slowing it down?
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”