Minneapolis v1 Funk, what's missing?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is the first mix of a funk track, a bit in the Prince, Morris Day style, I'm working on,

if you have ideas about how to improve it please let me know thanks

http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/Minneapolis.mp3

Ah, music from my town's sister city.

To make something more Minneapolitan you just need to add platform shoes!

Sorry, rival city thing. I was just asking a girl if she wanted to go to Uptown (like the song, it's a real place) and throw water baloons at posers :)

Sounds good liqih!

Guitar would be nice, also thought the bass could be harder and the drums fatter.

Cool track tho, good job!
Image Image

I really hate to say this, liqih, since I like it and in genreal am just happy you finally provided the link to your big ole song archive, but I'm not sure I get how this is like the Time...? The synth-horn chords are right. I dunno - I do like it but if you're trying to emulate that early-80's funk I'm not getting it.

:( Perhaps I'm just too close to it. I am friends with some of the people who played/play that music still. It's not like they got rich and moved away lol.

you are both right my friends,
this is actually just a synth pop with a funk feeling but not enough punchy, <sigh>

now I'm at the crossroads: getting closer to the real Minneapolis funk or
just going free and improve the mix for what I feel?

Improve this one and then make another song!
Then we get 2 liqih songs!

Seems easy enough. Too bad you're not here - friends of friends here are alumni of Flyte Time, NPG, Lipps, Inc. etc. Last time popular music came from here was back then ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”