Ildon - My first ambient...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

arke.. you're too easy!

Boys like girls who are a little out of reach. Tempt them. ;)

:lol:
:/:\

something like "...but I'd never go out with Chase anyway, WAY below my league *90-degree-wrist-thing*"??

gonna go try that on Ildon, brb....

(:hihi: :lol:)

It didn't work! :cry:

Code: Select all

<arke> ...yeah, and I'd never go out with you anyway, WAY below my league *90-degree-wrist-thing*
<Ildon> Thank god.
:cry:

Ildon wrote:Thanks. I know I can do better than this, though. I seriously have no idea what my problem is.

Is it possible to be in a rut and still write stuff? Is it possible that someone can lose it? Or... maybe I never had it... or... maybe I'm trying to make things too complicated and because I'm exploring new territory... hmm.. I dunno.
Ok, I'll give you some constructive critique for once.

What your track lacks is progression, it sounds like a long intro...it needs something to drive it along, like a distant, modulated melody accompanied by a spacey, reverberated, clicky beat..preferably with some filter sweeping over it.

it needs a bass, perhaps not a bassline but something to move the woofers - a droning base could work here.

Add more elements to the track, put in stuff that you wouldn't normally use and see where it takes you...don't aim to make 3 tracks a day, but rather 1 track a month...work it out or don't bother aight?
Last edited by snooky on Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watch out.. if Ildon falls in love with you, you're screwed.
:hihi:

Just kidding, honey

You guys are bumping the hell out of this shit song. :tu:
Mizutaphile.

Well, looks like he's pretty set on you :tu:

And I live even farther away from him than you do :shrug:

(sheesh, I'm being WAY too "post count +1" today)

Ildon wrote:You guys are bumping the hell out of this shit song. :tu:
thats because I'm bored waiting for somebody to bump my shit song(s). :D

Keep talking :hyper:

Yeah.. by what, an hour?

I might even have to go through Dusseldorf to visit him. ^^

Düsseldorf is 1-2 hours via autobahn away from here. :shrug:

Depends on who drives and what car it is :D

When I get my driver's license I'm SO gonna hit those autobahns, dude.

Ich liebe die Geschwindigkeit. :D

Düsseldorf's about 1-2 hours away from me too. :0 I live near Eindhoven if you know that.

Naah I don't know anything about .nl except the stereotypes about Amsterdam :hihi:

Regarding autobahn ... be CAREFUL. Work your way up. Don't go any faster than maybe 140km/h until you've been driving at least a year. I almost got myself killed on various occasions doing things I shouldn't have. :tu:

Anything above 200km/h is a challenge, and I've been driving 3 years now on a million roads and in a million cars.

wow, I sound like an old fart :shock:

Hey Ildon, be glad that we're bumping this thread so much ... people see "wow, this thread has 4 pages already? it must be a kickass song :o :o" :tu:

Well I live there too.
Amsterdam's an amazing city. If you can, you should definitely visit here sometime.

I'm pretty sure you haven't driven a million cars, silly. ;)
Can't wait to be able to drive.. it's soooo expensive though and I already have to pay for my own existence, pretty much. >.>

Yeah, and then they get disappointed when they find out it's shit. :hihi:

No, seriously... eventually I'll make a comeback. See, when I got into music, my whole goal was to be Naoshi Mizuta. Now I'm passed that and I feel completely in the dark and I am kind of burned out.

I'll figure something out.

I think it's break time.
Mizutaphile.

Return to “Music Cafe”