new piano album by me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Today I'm releasing a 10-track piano album on CDR!

"Music with less electricity" is a collection of piano compositions that were originally never meant to be recorded or performed. Most of them served more as some kind of therapy, being composed during a hard period of my life when the piano was my only bright spot. However, later my girlfriend asked me to record the songs for her, which I did, most of them in December 2004. The cottage of Mossebo was so cold that it was absolutely necessary to keep the fire burning - you can't play the piano with freezing fingers - so on some tracks you can hear the sparkling of the fire.

The title of the album was chosen since this album is less electronic than the rest of the music that I compose. The track "Less electricity" was composed during the storm Gudrun, when Mossebo was out of electricity for three days. A few months later, a friend of mine convinced me to release the album. After having polished some of the recordings and added background strings etc. to some tracks (making it "less electric" rather than completely acoustic), this is now happening.

One-minute samples, three free downloads:

1. Song in c minor (free download)
2. Rosa Luxemburg
3. The fox, the rat and the pig
4. Folk music-ish
5. Song in g minor (free download)
6. 8ths (free download)
7. Less electricity
8. Song II in c minor
9. Fragments of a cathedral (Acoustic version)
10. Universal love

Price: 5.50 euro plus p&p (Sweden 11 SEK, Europe 2 euro, rest of the world 3 euro)
Payment: Cash or PayPal

/Johan.

Surely a nice way of warming your hands :) . Melancholic, nice pieces of music. I like to contrast KVR-songs from time to time, so listened to this with Shamann's post quite different "chiptune". After listening to chiptune, your piano starts to dance when listened second time.
(This might be obviously nonsense to you, but it's the way I listen to your music this moment :) )
Thanks for sharing those short passages and the free songs.

Keep up the good work

Cheers and Respect :)

http://cdbaby.com/cd/globalbeat
From tribal world grooves to trance and beyond....
Global Beat
CDbaby

Thanks for the comments!
I need to check out that chiptune track. :)
--------------------
Johan Agebjörn, Sweden
mp3s: www.johanagebjorn.info

I've listened to a number of your songs. Obviously, you're a very talented composer. I liked them a lot. Thanks.

Nice. Congratulations on finishing an album of work. there much to be said for that and I like your "Music with less electricity" theme.

Here's something to think about the next time around if you decide to do it again.
-watch the missed notes. I noticed 3 or 4 occassions in the first song where there was a key played in error. (I'll never forget my piano teacher saying: "Practice, practice, practice!)
-use sustain a little less as your chording progresses. I heard some muddiness in parts.
-accompanying strings do not always have to be played in the same octave. (this could add to the muddiness as the frequencies are similar)
-the piano fell off behind the strings in parts and I kind of had to strain to follow the melody. I think when any instrument is supposed to be the highlight instrument, it should remain near the front of the mix.

hey, good job. :) Just some things there that I noticed...

dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

forgot to mention, #10 is my favorite. 8)
dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Thanks again folks!
danielmm wrote:Here's something to think about the next time around if you decide to do it again.
-watch the missed notes. I noticed 3 or 4 occassions in the first song where there was a key played in error. (I'll never forget my piano teacher saying: "Practice, practice, practice!)
You're right... I'm no perfect player...that's why I tend to prefer the computer when I make music! But these tracks sounded better in an acoustic shape...
danielmm wrote: -the piano fell off behind the strings in parts and I kind of had to strain to follow the melody. I think when any instrument is supposed to be the highlight instrument, it should remain near the front of the mix.
Yeah it was difficult, I changed the levels of the strings back and forth! Sometimes I thought the piano fell off (like you), sometimes that they didn't add enough warmth because of being too much in the background...tricky!
danielmm wrote:hey, good job. :) Just some things there that I noticed...
Thanks for your comments!

/Johan.
--------------------
Johan Agebjörn, Sweden
mp3s: www.johanagebjorn.info

Very creative, thanks for sharing. I've listened to bits and pieces of a few and they are quite nice. I probably liked best the "riff"-orientedness and complementary parts of 8ths, but that key/part change at around 2:25 seems a bit out of place, IMO.
Regards, Mike

Return to “Music Cafe”