MidiNES vs. XOXOS [new song for modern dance. feedback?]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone. it's been a year since my last post, but you've been in my thoughts KVR. We sometimes get too busy for our friends. Sad really.

This is a sweet little song I made for my latest modern dance performance. It's mostly a showcase of my ongoing love affair with Pling!, but I think it's a catchy tune. If making 8-bit nintendo sounds is your thing, you should give the MidiNES a try. It's not much of a live instrument, but it really shows it's power when sequenced.

Give me some feedback, there's always room for improvement.

Wayfar's MidiNES
XoXOs Pling!
Herc abakos
E-phonic string thing
Last edited by bobbyblank on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Just popped in to tag this to grab it for later ;)

cool. let me know how it hits you.

Very cool. I'd love to see the the performance.

Wow, I just checked out the Freneticore stuff and was really inspired. "Picnic with a general" was quite moving. Did you compose the music for any of the other pieces? I really liked the music for The Forest, Arkanoid, and Rapunzel. It's so cool to see people engaged in art in their community. I wish there was more stuff like that going on where I live, but I guess if there was, I probably wouldn't know about it anyway.

thanks, joe. yeah, I compose most all of our music and video treatment. except for arkanoid, that's mr. martin galway's awesome c64 music. Picnic with a general is pretty brutal, sorry. our anti-war piece. maybe one day it will lose some of it's relevance.

I'm very glad you took some time to see our work, and actually enjoyed it.
Last edited by bobbyblank on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, bobbyblank, that's great!
It doesn't remind me of anything else and I'm going to have to take a listen to your other songs.
I'm glad you came back and poster this :D

heh, i'm duking it out with your two delay vsti's right now runagate. so far they're winning.

here's another track.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... e26470fff2

sensitive and funny :hihi:

end very sweet and tasty.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I've listened a couple times today. The beat on its own doesn't do much for me, but this thing just soars when that lead comes in. Absolutely love that sound, makes the whole track make sense for me.

Ditto xoxos on the ending.

your work is amazing, xoxos. i am a big fan, and i hope you are well.
shamann, not fond of the beat either, but was trying to keep it sparse. Maybe i should cut up a different breakbeat? Or add some variety? not much of a drum programmer. any suggestions?

perhaps push the drums back down so they'll only be a slightly reminiscent backing; they're quite upfront right now, or filter them with hi and lo filters to only keep the midrange.

Awesome tune indeed, great sequencing of sounds you'll not hear so oft.

A nice 'live' feel to this. I like the bass (the sound and the riff).
The end is indeed sweet. The natural chorus effect you got between the sounds from 5'24 till the end is just lovely, I could loop that and listen to it for a while...

Return to “Music Cafe”