:33 beat

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

another free groove miniature:

www.rachmiel.org/beat_9-1-06.mp3

no symmetry here, and no repetition.

I am almost finished with my remix of 9-1-06, wherein I rap over the beat and play a West Coast style mosquito lead over it on a singing saw.

I particularly likes the vibraslap.
As always, I'm stunned 8)
I am having increasing trouble believing the pristine quality of your transformations.
Damn, how many times in a row am I going to listen to this!? And I won't let it loop... I just kep hitting play.

it's so nice to have someone who gets, and even likes, my music. please don't suddenly die, runagate, or 100% of my fan base will go with you. ;-)

I was pretty close yesterday but I'm making a strong comeback today.

Gotta survive to make the music and the patches and the demo songs and play that show I've got.

I mysteriously just show up whenever you post new songs, too, which is odd.

Indeed pristine in quality and excellent

So when will you start working on a full album(-story)

Thanks for wasting 33 seconds of my time. You should take up crochet. You and runagate are similarly 'talented'.

We prefer the term "differently abled" ;)

The problem with 'Lord Snarebottom' is that his alias fits in perfectly as a description of your tune....and I like it (the snippet).

m
"It dreamed itself along"

rungate, rachmiel great you found each other.
But this is a litle to experimental for me.But the pan effect is rather cool
Simple and repetive are my middle names

nice one rachmiel although I have to admit I much prefer your non-drummy stuff a la the one yesterday or the one that was similar to Jünglinge ca Febuary.
Marco :)

reminds me of the many half baked ideas i've had for pushing boundaries. Listening to this really makes you ask the question, what IS music, anyways?

My uncle told me once, ill never forget this, he said: music is poetry of rhythm and melody. If so, I think your music is expressing the prose of random number generators! lol. (don't worry, it's a compliment)

n1.

Nice err.... tune. Thanks for reminding me tracks don't need to be 3min+. I've got to get back to making snippit-tracks, used to do it all the time.
My uncle told me once, ill never forget this, he said: music is poetry of rhythm and melody. If so, I think your music is expressing the prose of random number generators! lol. (don't worry, it's a compliment)
That reminds me a quote from Scott McCloud where he defined art as anything people do that isn't directly related to survival or procreation. The trick with a track like this is to let it repeat and build.
"Music is a hidden arithmetic exercise of the soul, which doesn't know that it is counting." - Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
---
e to the i pi plus one equals zero

Polite Company wrote: That reminds me a quote from Scott McCloud where he defined art as anything people do that isn't directly related to survival or procreation. The trick with a track like this is to let it repeat and build.
Yeah but you can counter with the fact that a) Artists want to earn a living and thus survive on their efforts, and b) Artistic talent is a strong aphrodesiac, hehehe!

Yeah but you can counter with the fact that a) Artists want to earn a living and thus survive on their efforts, and b) Artistic talent is a strong aphrodesiac, hehehe!
Actually in the original quote I'm pretty sure he said that his definition did not exclude things people do to survive/reproduce. I just completely forgot to write that. :dog:
Of course this is all a definition of Art not good art.

p.s. Goddamn I hate that singing frog :x .
"Music is a hidden arithmetic exercise of the soul, which doesn't know that it is counting." - Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
---
e to the i pi plus one equals zero

> your music is expressing the prose of random number generators

1. i prefer to think of it as poetry.

2. yes, i often use randomization to generate material, but by the time i'm done editing it, it bears little resemblance to the original (random) version. in effect, i'm imposing order on chaos, which is what we all do, every day, in the world.

Return to “Music Cafe”