NuSchool glitch breaks: "Heisenberg breaks"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All i'd say is that the drums need to be more present. This f**king rocks though. The sounds you've used trip me out! Nice.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

hi guys, thanks for the feedback.

3*s: tah man for the help. You were spot on with that, My only option was to roll back the highs on the offending synths because the sibliances moved around so much, I couldn't just notch them out (well, that would have been a huge undertaking). It was due to my sometimes overzealous use of the resonance knob :) (lesson learnt..)

j3r3my: cheers mate. I havn't got a website yet, but I'm dusting up on my flash skills so I can create a nifty animated site. I like your site! Cool music too.

The new mix is now the link at the top. The kick and snare have been brought forward a bit for more punch.

keep em coming!

Good track, and a really nice mix.
Simple and repetive are my middle names

Good track, although I don't like the overdriven sound in the middle as much (personal preference). Btw, the man's name was Heisenberg, not Hiesenberg ;)

jakob wrote:Btw, the man's name was Heisenberg, not Hiesenberg ;)
Aha! you passed my test *ahem* Congratuations.

(how embarrassing, Danke schön ;) )

Nice track. Loads of variation and a heavy dose of bitreduction too.
I love that synth line that comes in at 03.45. Gorgeous.
Making quite an impact here, eh ?!! 8)

Very good stuff

I'm no glitch aficionado; how does nuschool glitch differ from "oldschool"?
“Somebody said to me, ‘But the Beatles were antimaterialistic.’ That’s a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, ‘Now, let’s write a swimming pool.’ ”

jiva: I should have said nuschool breaks, with glitches.. I'm not too good on my breaks history but i think the nuschool is a breaks offshoot popularised by artists such as the crystal method, chris carter, plump DJs, hybrid, etc. It's generally more synthesizer driven, compressed and dirtier.

Glitch music itself is a rarer and harder to pin down sub-genre, but a lot of people attribute the sound to the "braindance" scene and rephlex records (Aphex Twin's co-owned label). But i think it's become more of an aesthetic than a genre.
Last edited by MacZero on Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(double post)

MacZero wrote:jiva: I should have said nuschool breaks, with glitches.. I'm not too good on my breaks history but i think the nuschool is a breaks offshoot popularised by artists such as the crystal method, chris carter, plump DJs, hybrid, etc. It's generally more synthesizer driven, compressed and dirtier.

Glitch music itself is a rarer and harder to pin down sub-genre, but a lot of people attribute the sound to the "braindance" scene and rephlex records (Aphex Twin's co-owned label). But i think it's become more of an aesthetic than a genre.
Oops, it was nuskool breaks, not nuskool glitch. :D Yea I know the differences between subgenres of breaks, and what glitch is about.
“Somebody said to me, ‘But the Beatles were antimaterialistic.’ That’s a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, ‘Now, let’s write a swimming pool.’ ”

very cool, I like this track! could you perhaps specify the vstis...or is this exclusively tau pro? (probably not)

thanks and greetings

TrekStar. Tau Muon is my artist name. :) Nothing to do with the plugin the Muon Tau Pro. Cool plugin, tho i don't use it. Thanks for listening.

jiva: i thought you might have! Included a small explanation incase someone was curious...

Great track Maczero -- i can almost hear a depeche mode vibe in there somewhere. The sounds really work well together -- great melodic ideas an some really well executed fills and breaks. The high end of the spectrum fills up really quickly -- maybe too ambitious and too much goin on ?? sometimes its an art knowing when to leave things out ?........but that said , huge potential here for sure !!! :wink: 8)

bump for goodness! :D
be part of the solution, not the problem

We need an encore!
jeremywentworth.com - music and software

Return to “Music Cafe”