Tram - New and Improved with Fretless!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This wonderful song was on my holiday-mix-cd and is in my personal top 5 this year. The bass-add is great and gives the tune more 'earth'. And Yuga is right: What about a longer version, Scott?

Mellothankful
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:This wonderful song was on my holiday-mix-cd and is in my personal top 5 this year. The bass-add is great and gives the tune more 'earth'. And Yuga is right: What about a longer version, Scott?

Mellothankful
Mello,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Longer version - hmm.... Jens would need to write more lyrics. I would have to be able to play acoustic longer than 2 minutes at one stretch without errors (this was a one-take track on the acoustic part - that's kind of my new mantra - no overdubs - silly, but sometimes effective - sure makes me practice more!), and I would have to convince Andy in San Diego to record a longer bassline.

In a strange way, I think the shortness of the song emphasizes the feeling I got when I read jens' words.

What is the 'something missing'?

In fact Zeoy commented that I shouldn't have resolved to the last chord to even put more tension into the ending. That is certainly possible with the tracks I have now.

Let me put in yet another plug for the 'Lyrics needing songs' thread here at KVR - that's where I found jens lyrics and got the inspiration for the song.

-Scott

rockstar_not wrote:Jens would need to write more lyrics.

let me see what I can come up with - have to think it over - surely difficult but perhaps not impossible... :)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

:oops: sorry for the inconveniences...........

m

:-D

it is odd though - for explaining why it is difficult to add more words I had to explain what they are actually about - and I could only do that with many many words - what my life was back then, what went through my head that morning, how I felt on that bridge while staring down at the misty river, how different I felt when I had to go out of the tram-station and to a job I hated, etc. - and the lyrics seem to do it just fine with those few words that are there and because they leave a lot unsaid...

I can say for sure though that Scott hit exactly the right mood with his song... :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

......we have the 2 min gem! I shouldn't ask for longer versions.....stupid mello...always can't get enough.....
imbarrazante.....mortified.....peinlich.....ooooh

m

no problem at all for me, mate - I would love to hear a longer version as well! :-D

Like I said: I'll see what I can do but I can't promise anything.

but Scott:

feel free to alter/extend the lyrics on your own in case you have any idea... :-)

Splendid song.
Daniel

Return to “Music Cafe”