[slower acoustic] When the snow melts

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I started this just a few days ago. Once again, I feel that the vocals aren't 100%, but they're getting closer. I was going to wait til my day off Tuesday to redo the original quickie vocals, but's it's been stuck in my head nonstop.

When the snow melts

So how does it sound? What about the arrangement/performance/lyrics etc? Should there be drums?

does anybody want to play a drum track for it???
Last edited by glurgle on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

you need to fix your link.
edit - you fixed it. dling it now.

again, you need to raise your vocals. don't be shy.
guitars sound nice; warm and intimate.
short and sweet tune

:oops: I really thought I had left them loud enough this time... new mix forthcoming... and done. At the original URL.

edit2: it was a problem of perspective. Listened to some other tracks and uploaded another version where they are now much louder.

that's much better.
seems like I hear some noise/room ambience that really adds some character to the tune.

thanks for listening again and telling me to turn up the vocals bluedad :)

I will eventually get used to hearing myself singing back at myself so loudly ;)

Any other listeners on this one?

I've uploaded a new and improved mix of this one. The old one is still there as well. I'd love to get some feedback on how they compare on other peoples systems. (plus this song is good! ;))

Are you Simon & Garfunkle ? hehehe

beautiful...except the vocals can still come up a hair,(I think)
your voice sounds fine,
like the sound of that accoustic

Nice.

Even out the vocals a bit, seems a lot louder as the song goes on.

Write a midle 8, even if its just turning the chords round.

Get a steel string geetar to add a bit of sparkle, nowt wrong with yer nylon string/spanish malarky there but it lacks zing.

Bit of vocal harmony would't go amiss either.

thanks for the comments :)

@Atza - nope :D I can't hit those bugger high notes at all

@wavephonic - thanks, I think donks has the right idea about the vocals tbh, because they don't really get me until that very last chorus. I'm thinking I may need to double the lead throughout the whole song instead of just that one part.

@donks - good idea on the middle 8. there is that 8 bar bit between the last 2 stanzas, but it's just the same as the verse, some variation there would probably really go well. On the nylon vs. steel and need for sparkle, I was thinking some acoustic cymbals would liven up the hi-end, (why I haven't done drums myself actually). When I redo guitars maybe I'll double them with steel-strings as well, actually been practicing this one enough lately for it to be feasible... harmonies maybe, if I can get my voice sounding well enough where it needs to be.

This comment is about the improved new mix.

Nice song, love the guitar sound.
I still don't like the mix, vox is too much in the back and panned to the right! Why? It should be centered up front and in your face!
Double tracking is too loose sometimes.
Lovely 2nd voice towards the end grabbed my attention, saying "now this song is going places" but then the song suddenly ends.
Song is too short.

All in all a great start that can become a great song with a little work.

It is so nice to hear some acoustic music in this synthland called KVR.

:wink:

btw
Are you using any compressors on the vocals?

I figured would give a listen and at first I was taken back by the vocal sound. BUt I ended up liking it. I was gonna say you gotta let go a little more on the vocals, seems a bit subdued, but as it went on I wouldnt say that. Nice guitar progression, it stayed on the darker side, which is how I like it, it had good feeling, and all in all, I wouldnt touch a thing with it.. Too short? Nope, if it went longer I dont think I would like it as much. I felt it ended well, I do like the room noise associated as well. Whatver mix this was is good. Whats with everyone telling you to crank the vocals and FRONT and Center! On a subdued piece like this i totally disagree.. Either way cool piece, I thought it should be just about where it is, but I'm a fan of not producing the shit out of things. IF its got a good vibe then thats what counts, dont lose the vibe with more precessing. later
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

I like this, hits the sympathetic nervous system. Good sound from your voice and the guitar. What recording gear did you use for this?

quickly I didnt notice the second version/mix here. definitly I thought the version in the first post was the best
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

Return to “Music Cafe”