Im on vicodin

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So basically, i took vicodin and made this song last night.

I was shooting for an indie/garage type of sound, but with hints of alternative.

I really dont know how to explain it any better, but all the lyrics are purely filler, until I write the actual lyrics (I was on vicodin, so apparantly thats the catchy part of the song haha)

Anyways, ALL of this was sequenced in FL. The only real instruments are my voice, and the guitars. The bass, and drums are samples that I sequenced in FL. I do plan on making the bass and drums a bit more complex (and realistc) so theres some stuff that will be added in the future (as well as the rest of the song).

http://www.graysonmillar.com/imonvicodin.mp3

Feedback on this rough draft?

aw comon, its a song inspired by vicodin, that must have some merit? haha

Quits smoking->starts vicodin-> bumps every 20 mins :D

That was not bad except for the extreme autotuning in the chorus :wink:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

That stuff is teh devil...

hahah,

I had a massive headache, the v pill did the trick though lol

As for the autotuning, that will all sound better once i record the actual vocal tracks, I didn't want to spend to much time on perfecting it, so i let Antares take care of that while I wrote the instrumentation.

Stupid American Pig wrote:That stuff is teh devil...
Oh yes, forgot to mention. Vicodin=codeine= cousin of morphine =cousin of daddy of heroin = addiction

graysonmillar wrote:I had a massive headache, the v pill did the trick though lol
... and next time a fly annoys you pick up your shot gun

actually, vicodin=hydrocodone=cousin of codeine=cousin of morphine=cousin of daddy of heroin=addiction

Where as, cigarettes, just go straight to addiction haha

cool stuff. :D

The vocals are almost completely unintelligable, but the sound and tone fits the song quite nicely. The autotune-as-an-effect actually works pretty well for this, but I definitely would like to hear a version with the 'proper' vocals.

The kick could use a sharper click/attack to cut through the mix a bit more. The lead synth sound really gels, but a little riff/fill here and there would really liven it up (especially right before the last chorus)

All in all, very cool song, looking forward to the new vocals :)

vicodin sucks, switch to another brand of spam!

nice 80s anorak pop tune - but the vocals are the weak spot IMHO. maybe you should make 'em louder or something, i don't know but something about it don't sound right, esp. in the verse. i'm not saying they're bad, just that they draw my attention in a 'wrong' way, prolly cause they're too low in the mix or something.

Nice track. It reminds me a lot of The Faint circa Danse Macabre. I agree with cptgone though the vocals don't sit quite right. I'd say back off on the autotune a bit but don't get rid of it or if you do do some parallel vocoding on the vocs otherwise you'll lose the Faint-iness. Painkillers are a powerful thing. :D
"Music is a hidden arithmetic exercise of the soul, which doesn't know that it is counting." - Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
---
e to the i pi plus one equals zero

Thanks!

Yea, those vocal tracks are totally not going to be in the final mix, I just tend to sketch out the vocal patterns w/o any real lyrics while I create songs, so I'm not surprized they were hard to understand (I'm not even sure what I was saying, it was just random mumbling half the time lol)

The Autotune will be toned down a bit, but I'm a horrible vocalist as it is, so I depend on it sometimes (specially since I'm getting over bronchitis, it makes singing impossible)

But yea, I'll definitly get back with a new mix of it soon

Return to “Music Cafe”