Dark and dirty nuschool - "Zombie Breaks"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey all. If anyone's missed me, my ISP went under so I've been net-less for a couple of weeks.

Here's a new track of mine. Darker and funkier than my last effort. Breaks with a horror/metal/breakcore influence. Direct download (right click).

Tau Muon - Zombie breaks (new version)

All comments and crits welcome. Especially about the mix.

thanks.
Last edited by MacZero on Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:04 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Some really nice keyboard work/editing. I can tell how much tweaky work you put into it, too. Good work! Nice quiet sample at the end that I think we've all heard at one point of our lives. constructive crit? perhaps the beginning could indicate just a little more of what is to come later in the song (some of the great analog cutoff work with the glitch tweaking).
peace
Jazzyspoon

thanks jbone. glad you liked it! Yeah that's a good idea with the intro. It would have be fairly subtle to work.

keep em coming! don't be shy!

MacZero wrote:hey all. If anyone's missed me, my ISP went under so I've been net-less for a couple of weeks.

Here's a new track of mine. Darker and funkier than my last effort. Breaks with a horror/metal/breakcore influence. Direct download (right click).

Tau Muon - Zombie Breaks (192mp3 9megs)

All comments and crits welcome. Especially about the mix.

thanks.
Sounding excellent man. :) The only thing I can mention that I am feeling but not hearing is a drum fill when the track get's chugging. I noticed at some points it goes straight into the beat when it could be pushing forward more. Also, maybe a bit more reverb on that spooky lead (or something reverbed an octave higher following it) that is playing around 3:00. Besides those "opinions of mine" it's obviously amazing. :) Nice job.
--_ yup.... _--

thanks freeform. you've spot on man. The beat definately needs a kick up the ar*e when the track is peaking, and I'm writing some killer percs and stuff to build it up some more.

Your reverb comment is also well recieved. That melody line is good, but it's missing someing to fill it out. The trouble I'm having is that without the high pass filter that filter takes up too much space in the mix (interfereing with the detuned plucky sound later on). I'll have to add another element like a low pad or a high register element like you said.

again, thanks! I'll drop you a PM with the new mix when it's done if you're interested.

MacZero wrote:thanks freeform. you've spot on man. The beat definately needs a kick up the ar*e when the track is peaking, and I'm writing some killer percs and stuff to build it up some more.

Your reverb comment is also well recieved. That melody line is good, but it's missing someing to fill it out. The trouble I'm having is that without the high pass filter that filter takes up too much space in the mix (interfereing with the detuned plucky sound later on). I'll have to add another element like a low pad or a high register element like you said.

again, thanks! I'll drop you a PM with the new mix when it's done if you're interested.
Yes, of course man. :) I am also working on a track right now, and if it's ok, I'd like to get your opinion when I get a final mix done. I'd also like to hear the track when done, and I'll always give you my raw opinion if you like. Keep up the good work. :D
--_ yup.... _--

great stuff, love that nasty high passed synth sequence. cool breakdown. not so keen on the 'trancey' sounding synth that comes in at 3:30, then again I really like the gated sound at 4:00.

anyway, cool stuff, really enjoyed it :)

freeform: nps, would like to hear it! keep it raw :P

cypher, gday. glad you like it. Yeah I do tend to get a bit trancey now and then. That's what happens when you buy the vanguard ;) I thought the creepy melody might have takn a slice of cheese or two off it ;)

CypherOne wrote:great stuff, love that nasty high passed synth sequence. cool breakdown. not so keen on the 'trancey' sounding synth that comes in at 3:30, then again I really like the gated sound at 4:00.

anyway, cool stuff, really enjoyed it :)
I hate to admit it, but that's pretty damned amazing.
Gotta agree with Cypher about the trancey bits, but then I deeply loathe trance so take that into consideration ;)
Course, the drums on this song kick ass, which is my main complaint against dance music: they usually just go boom boom forever for no reason. Incredibly hi-resolution sounding.
Thanks for posting this song.

Oooh, I like it!

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

Whoa! That's very cool!

Must've been a bit of work getting all that twidly drum programing put together. I didn't mind the trancey synth, but I'd have preferred it to be run through a lot of low-pass filtering to make it sit way back in the mix. But that's just a preference thing.

Love it otherwise.

Cheers.

Sick.

Yeah, this is crazy good, very well done man! Composition and mix are very strong. I might change some of the synth sounds but I'm really not qualified in this genre, for the most part they sound really good. The percs are excellent! Love the quote at the end. :) 8)
Image Image

I have to admit, poly, this is getting up there as almost as well-produced as your tracks, which is really saying something in my world.

Heya! Thanks for that song. Like it much.

Seems like you put a lot of work into it. Love the vocals. This song gets me excited.

Return to “Music Cafe”