Dark and dirty nuschool - "Zombie Breaks"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks guys. means a lot.

I'm starting to be turned to the dark side. Does the trancey synth have to go? I just think it really marks the peak point of the track. To cheese, or not to cheese, that is the question!

we'll see. keep em coming! don't have to be a breaks expert, just a lover of beats and bass!

MacZero wrote:thanks guys. means a lot.

I'm starting to be turned to the dark side. Does the trancey synth have to go? I just think it really marks the peak point of the track. To cheese, or not to cheese, that is the question!

we'll see. keep em coming! don't have to be a breaks expert, just a lover of beats and bass!
I think if it was a bit more synced and perfectly tuned/rigid and the highs were cut & maybe a softer texture instead of being bright it might work... It just has that classic "raver" sound when you hear it first is all.
--_ yup.... _--

Keep that one with a little cheese, AND remake it if you want.

I think it could go a lot of different ways. I'm really liking the bright zaps n fizz. Mixed with the whispering, it already brings a little bit of a darker tone. Mad props.

MacZero wrote:hey all. If anyone's missed me, my ISP went under so I've been net-less for a couple of weeks.

Here's a new track of mine. Darker and funkier than my last effort. Breaks with a horror/metal/breakcore influence. Direct download (right click).

Tau Muon - Zombie Breaks (192mp3 9megs)

All comments and crits welcome. Especially about the mix.

thanks.

I'm not hearing the cheese trance synth. I can see what they mean. If you put some heavy flange or something to the like it may darken it a bit more but, I love the track and that synth.

A little bass heavy, maybe my setup?
I see what you mean by zombie breaks, love the samples!

thanks kreeper, it's good to know someone digs that choice of mine. But it's still going to go.

bass wise, i've eq'd it so the fundamental is stupidly strong, thats all part of the dancefloor experience :)

good to hear the theme came thru with my vocal snips too. The "this is the new sound..." was me, and i used a vocoder with a really airy noisey input. Pretty neat trick for getting that un natural whispery sound.

props mang, post it up to FSOR001 man, should make the cut, i would think....

sloworm wrote:props mang, post it up to FSOR001 man, should make the cut, i would think....
Cheers Tim! Will do, when it's finished.

Reminds me kinda of Marilyn Manson. I like the sound. I'd recommend some proper monitors though.
♫♪♫♫♪♫

and keep the "trance" synth ffs. Judge your music based on how it sounds to you, not some pretentious trend quality.
♫♪♫♫♪♫

3*s wrote:and keep the "trance" synth ffs. Judge your music based on how it sounds, not some pretentious trend quality.
yea mac, stay true to yourself man, f**k what these other cats in here say about "I would not have preferred that trancey synth in here...." who cares, a synth is a synth, if it fits to you, than roll with it baby.

ya, cool the way it menacingly wonders around but keeps that theme
great stuff for driving in 4in screws
good job

Very cool! I'd agree about the trancy stuff not really being necessary. Maybe something a little more menacing during that part. I do like the gated synth though :) I'd almost like to hear some sort of crunch metal chords somewhere in here to really monster the crap out of the song ala Zombie or Rammstein. Really like the vocals but it may really help with their definition if you gave them there own solo moment in the sun (this could potentially be the "break" your looking for before the drums kick in... just my opinion).

sloworm wrote:
3*s wrote:and keep the "trance" synth ffs. Judge your music based on how it sounds, not some pretentious trend quality.
yea mac, stay true to yourself man, f**k what these other cats in here say about "I would not have preferred that trancey synth in here...." who cares, a synth is a synth, if it fits to you, than roll with it baby.
well, I guess that's directed at me. Forgive me for having an opinion. Either way, it's a great track and better than anything I can do. :wink:

Oh and I do agree that you should do what you want and choose whatever sounds suit you too :)

3*s wrote:Reminds me kinda of Marilyn Manson. I like the sound. I'd recommend some proper monitors though.
I have proper monitors.. Care to elaborate?

3*s wrote: and keep the "trance" synth ffs. Judge your music based on how it sounds to you, not some pretentious trend quality.
I do! I've written enough music to have learnt that lesson. A very important one, I know.

Conversly, if you ask 80% of professional dance producers unfortunately dance music is all about the trends. And I do want to be a part of the 20%. This was more of a case of not being totally happy with it in the first place (if you listen to it it's the only lead that hasn't got cool tweakge, and that's kinda my "sound").

I value the feedback i get here (cheers cypherOne and others) and often fresh persective highlights things you've had in the back of your mind (including stylistic choices!). I'm going to work on it today. will post the results.

Syndrone: thx for the comments and idea. I'll give that idea a whirl but I'm probably going to go for something a bit more unique than the old vocal snip drop. cheers mate.

Tim: it's been selected for release on that compilation! Humanite and Faxinadu gave it the stamp. woohoo!

edit:
Tau Muon - Zombie breaks (new version)

Udated it if anyone wants a listen. overwrote the file so all links are updated.

Return to “Music Cafe”