Ildon - Music to kill to

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the part where I rip out your spine...

I'm getting better at this Mortal Kombat music thing. This one's more Deadly Alliance-ish, with the overdone and kinda cheesy Shao Kahn vox.

Edited because I want this thread to diiieee.
Last edited by Ildon on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mizutaphile.

this is entertaining though it really isn't something i usually like to listen to. there's a fair amount of cheese in there if you don't mind me saying so.

Just grabbed now.
Thanks for putting your name in the file :D

iDumi wrote:this is entertaining though it really isn't something i usually like to listen to. there's a fair amount of cheese in there if you don't mind me saying so.
Hehehe... think so? I guess some of Forden's stuff can be considered cheesy too. My goal's been to get that Mortal Kombat sound... figure out the scale and key and stuff, and it's a sound that's kind of been overused. Now that I've figured out the sound, I'm going to be more adventurous.

The hardest part is getting away from melody. Fighting game music requires a totally different approach and even a different kind of music theory than I'm used to. :?
runagate wrote:Just grabbed now.
Thanks for putting your name in the file :D
Always. I don't think you'll like it, though. :shrug:
Mizutaphile.

It's funny because the bass at 1:23 and 3:20 heavily reminds me of Bladerunner outro theme saw bass.

I'm not into Mortal Kombat OST (at all), but I think you indeed nailed it quite right.
iDumi wrote:There's a fair amount of cheese in there if you don't mind me saying so.
I had never fully realised "cheesy" had a relationship with "cheese", is it an insult to people who love cheese, like us french people :D ?

Boulotaur2024 wrote:It's funny because the bass at 1:23 and 3:20 heavily reminds me of Bladerunner outro theme saw bass.
Hah, really? That's neat. :D It's just Albino 3 plus too much distortion. :P
I'm not into Mortal Kombat OST (at all), but I think you indeed nailed it quite right.
That's what I wanted to hear! There're still a lot of kinks I need to work out, though. I have the sound, but I need to get away from my usual style and go for something more rhythmic and ambient and less melodic. That's a lot harder for me to do than it sounds, but I'm getting there... slowly.

I think my next tune is going to be written like the Sky Temple theme to Deception.

Thanks for the listens, y'all.
Mizutaphile.

I just don't know the genre enough to say anything meaningful other than I enjoyed the track! 8)
Image Image

polyslax wrote:I just don't know the genre enough to say anything meaningful other than I enjoyed the track! 8)
Thank yas. I'm exhausted now, though. I worry way too much about this stuff. :hihi:
Mizutaphile.

ill kill to anything, so long as its loud and drowns out the bitches screaming...

have i said too much :o

vurt wrote:ill kill to anything, so long as its loud and drowns out the bitches screaming...

have i said too much :o
:-o :scared:
Mizutaphile.

For some reason (in a kind of abstract way :P ) this reminded me a little of NIN - Happiness In Slavery (the remix from the fixed ep).

You really do have that 'game music' thing down to a T...it was quite enjoyable and well put together as per... I'm waiting with anticipation for the day you post something that's so not your normal style it hurts. :P Great track though, it does what it does well. :tu:

Reverse Engineer wrote:For some reason (in a kind of abstract way :P ) this reminded me a little of NIN - Happiness In Slavery (the remix from the fixed ep).
That's weird. :o
You really do have that 'game music' thing down to a T...it was quite enjoyable and well put together as per... I'm waiting with anticipation for the day you post something that's so not your normal style it hurts. :P Great track though, it does what it does well. :tu:
Hahaha... the whole... "having the game music thing down to a T" is why I probably will never be able to make anything but game music. No matter what I do, it always sounds like game music. I guess that's just my thing. :shrug:

Actually, I don't even know why I post stuff here on KVR. KVR's so far from my audience, it almost makes it pointless. :hihi:

I'm stuck now, though. I'm not sure where I want to go from here. I'm just going to let it rest for now.

You know... maybe one day I'll hire a singer and guitarist, and I'll write goth/symphonic metal song. :shrug:

Thanks for the listen!
Mizutaphile.

cant listen! argh! quicktime!

Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote:Hahaha... the whole... "having the game music thing down to a T" is why I probably will never be able to make anything but game music. No matter what I do, it always sounds like game music. I guess that's just my thing. :shrug:
I don't know...there's more chance of it giving you the edge on something, over in some way detracting from it.
Ildon wrote:Actually, I don't even know why I post stuff here on KVR. KVR's so far from my audience, it almost makes it pointless.
I don't reckon that's too true either. Maybe it is though, maybe it's not, but giving people the opportunity to see (hear :P ) where you're going, and getting feedback from them must be worth something? Most times for me it's not about the 'style' of musaic that i listen out for, it's the ides behind it...that's how someone playing a (seemingly) simple track with voice and guitar can inspire me to try something, and the stuff i do is worlds apart from singer/songwriter music. :lol: Sometimes tracks i hear are so good it's just deflating though, but 99% of the time, no matter the 'style', there's something inspired/inspirational in there somewhere.

Return to “Music Cafe”