Ildon - Music to kill to

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You're right to think I wouldnt like it, but I like you so I had a listen. Pretty creative, not at all your garden variety Munich trouser-torcher.
Kind of got a Transylvanian vibe to it somehow. I like the way the elements are mixed quite a lot.
I suppose it is to kill to, so that explains the dark cadences. :)

Reverse Engineer wrote:
Ildon wrote:Hahaha... the whole... "having the game music thing down to a T" is why I probably will never be able to make anything but game music. No matter what I do, it always sounds like game music. I guess that's just my thing. :shrug:
I don't know...there's more chance of it giving you the edge on something, over in some way detracting from it.
Think so?

I'm gonna do a symphonic goth metal track. :hihi:
Ildon wrote:Actually, I don't even know why I post stuff here on KVR. KVR's so far from my audience, it almost makes it pointless.
I don't reckon that's too true either. Maybe it is though, maybe it's not, but giving people the opportunity to see (hear :P ) where you're going, and getting feedback from them must be worth something? Most times for me it's not about the 'style' of musaic that i listen out for, it's the ides behind it...that's how someone playing a (seemingly) simple track with voice and guitar can inspire me to try something, and the stuff i do is worlds apart from singer/songwriter music. :lol: Sometimes tracks i hear are so good it's just deflating though, but 99% of the time, no matter the 'style', there's something inspired/inspirational in there somewhere.
Oh, it's definitely valuable. I didn't mean for it to come out like it wasn't. That's why I do post stuff, because people here are good at what they do, but it's definitely true that most of the people here on KVR are nowhere close to my audience. Some of my stuff is downright inaccessible to a lot of people, especially here, and I had no idea HOW inaccessible it was until recently. :o

I've just learned to take some of the feedback with a grain of salt, like if it's clear to me that a person doesn't know what effect I'm going for. That's one of the main reasons why I don't criticize other people's stuff a lot. Unless something's really out of place, or I know what the composer is going for (which is rare and usually only happens with you, Mr. Engineer), anything I don't like, I just chalk up to "not my thing, not worth mentioning." :shrug:

Feedback does take on a different meaning when it's from someone who's just a fan of your genre, though, doesn't it? For me it kinda does.

I still get some of the best feedback from KVR members, though. LOTS of people here really know what they're doing.

Wow. What a long-winded response... hope I made sense.
runagate wrote:You're right to think I wouldnt like it, but I like you so I had a listen. Pretty creative, not at all your garden variety Munich trouser-torcher.
Kind of got a Transylvanian vibe to it somehow. I like the way the elements are mixed quite a lot.
I suppose it is to kill to, so that explains the dark cadences. :)
Hehe, I knew it. You don't usually like my stuff. Thanks for the listen, though.
Mizutaphile.

I've been a fan of Mortal Kombat since MKII. Must say, Mortal Kombat Trilogy for N64 was the best. Brought Baraka back and I was practically drooling.

I like the song, would have worked with MK Annihilation.

KTHE wrote:I've been a fan of Mortal Kombat since MKII. Must say, Mortal Kombat Trilogy for N64 was the best. Brought Baraka back and I was practically drooling.
I've been a fan of it since the whole Ermac thing in MK I. :lol: I'm waiting for MK: Armageddon to get to my doorstep. I can't wait to play as Rain again.
That movie sucked. :( But I can see where you're coming from. :hihi:

Thanks for the listen. :)
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote:Hahaha... the whole... "having the game music thing down to a T" is why I probably will never be able to make anything but game music. No matter what I do, it always sounds like game music. I guess that's just my thing. :shrug:
Man I thought I was the only one that suffered from this strange malady. :hihi:
Ildon wrote:Actually, I don't even know why I post stuff here on KVR. KVR's so far from my audience, it almost makes it pointless. :hihi:
damn dude are you reading my mind? :D Actually I don't even have an audience really IMO, so yer doing better off than me.

Arglebargle wrote:
Man I thought I was the only one that suffered from this strange malady. :hihi:
Ildon wrote:Actually, I don't even know why I post stuff here on KVR. KVR's so far from my audience, it almost makes it pointless. :hihi:
damn dude are you reading my mind? :D Actually I don't even have an audience really IMO, so yer doing better off than me.
Hehe. I like your music, though. :shrug:
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote:
KTHE wrote:I've been a fan of Mortal Kombat since MKII. Must say, Mortal Kombat Trilogy for N64 was the best. Brought Baraka back and I was practically drooling.
I've been a fan of it since the whole Ermac thing in MK I. :lol: I'm waiting for MK: Armageddon to get to my doorstep. I can't wait to play as Rain again.
That movie sucked. :( But I can see where you're coming from. :hihi:

Sucked it may have, but it did include a ton of game characters, which I liked. And they kept the first movie's Kitana, and Liu Kang.

I used to have a chick crush on the first Sonya, Bridget Wilson. If they used her again and the original Raiden it could have benefited.

Whoa. Anyway, the music good on the second movie, just a little cheesy sometimes, which was kind of reflected in your song.

Sometimes, though, a little cheese is good.
Thanks for the listen. :)

whoa. sorry to put ALL of that in a quote. Didn't expect that one.

I'm no gamer,but this is way better than sonic the hedgehog :D

just kidding,the bass line is munching

it is very 'strict' in the timing of everything,I suppose I'm unfamiliar with this,and I suppose lazy beats don't fit with fighting

Whoa, sorry to revive this thread. I haven't been around much and and didn't even notice that you guys replied.

Anyway, hehe, thanks KTHE.

@FateATC: I'm not really sure what you mean by all that, heh. About the timing, yep, it is. Interestingly, a couple days ago I read an article in Wikipedia about game music, and it said one of the things that defines game music as a subgenre was very tight timing between the instruments. :shrug:

It's in my blood. 8) :hihi:
Mizutaphile.

all good,pocking fun at myself for never having played computer games

fateamenabletochange wrote:all good,pocking fun at myself for never having played computer games
Oh, hehe. :hihi:
Mizutaphile.

Return to “Music Cafe”