3 Guitars in a nice melody

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made an arangement of F.Tarrega classical peace "adelita" for 3 metal string acoustic guitars and recorded it 2 ways with mic and via piezo pickup,here they are both, tell me which one you like more(if any)

http://www.desktopmetronome.com/adelita_mic.mp3

http://www.desktopmetronome.com/adelita2.mp3

I like it with pickup rather than the mic - the lead guitar has a fuller sound - more pleasing to my ears.

Beautiful song, nice arrangement, well-played :)

Cheers,
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

:x Tarrega with steel strings :box: :smack:

ok dl'ing now :clown:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Miced version! No question about it. Tarrega was one of my childhood heroes (I was classical player from 8 to 15, now I'm 38 btw).
I was really sceptical about the steel strings versions. However the miced one was very nice due to its gypsy-jazz guitar sound. I couldn't stand the piezo version for more than a few seconds. Hair-metal ballads sound.
Your playing is great! Just Shift+Del this piezo version :D
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

@ SWTrex Thanks!! that was fast respond! glad that you like it!

@zeoy Thanks.I'm a Gipsy actually with no internet connection and stuff...only me and my old guitar...hehehe Thanks for nice comment,maybe I do one day a whole CD with Tarega and similar stuff played that way...

I prefer the mic version, but then I really have a dislike for acoustic guitar pickup sound, I have a old dimarzio that clips in the soundhole for playing live, it doesnt have that nasty 'plik' sound, but I would never record with it. i'd go with zeoy's shift+del option.

Nice playing dude, my fav acoustic guitarist has always been Django, love that Gipsy sound.

Cool!
I wote against the "shift+del" advice.
Instead I would mix the two, giving the mic version a dominant role.
The piezo will add some depth and bass to the preformance. (mixed sligtly in the backround like a reverb tail)

@xtp It was not my intention in any way to sound like django or gypsy guitar but can't hurt..."nasty plik" of piezo is something i realy like...What one find is "nasty" for other is "tasty" and vice versa...that's why call us "humans" :P thanks for comment

@AndrewSimon I tried that already but sounds like shit...maybe becouse playing is not exactly the same in both recordings.Very interesting these midi guitar videos on your site :P

Very nice. I like the piezo pickup better. The mic recording is too powerful in the higher frequencies for me.

Atza wrote: @AndrewSimon I tried that already but sounds like shit...maybe becouse playing is not exactly the same in both recordings.Very interesting these midi guitar videos on your site :P
You should record them at the same time, NOT double tracking!

:wink:

There is a particular harshness in the high mids/ high frequencies noticable quite a bit about 30 seconds into the song on the strong downbeat plucks.

I played around with a simple 1 band parametric EQ and scooped out 10 dB at 9200 Hz with a filter q of 1.3

That's pretty severe and it ruined some of the 'clarity' of the rest of the track. What you should do is use a frequency selective dynamics processor that you can hone in on this region and just tame the peaks in that frequency region. KVRian IIRs has one but I don't know if it's available any longer.

Who knows of a dynamics processor that will leave everything alone but work on this high-mid frequency region?

-Scott

Still as available as its always been:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72521

;)

Hey, nice playing!

Funny, I was expecting to hate the piezo version because I normally do... but this one actually sounded quite nice. By contrast, I don't think the mic'ed version does the guitar justice.

My suggestion would be to work on improving the mic recordings (either by finding a better position for the mics, or a better sounding room to record in, or both) and use that for the backing parts, then for the lead record both the mic and the pickup and blend them to taste. You may need to flip the polarity of the DI signal, or delay it slightly to match the phase of the mic, but if you get it right I reckon it would sound excellent. ;)

IIRs wrote:My suggestion would be to work on improving the mic recordings (either by finding a better position for the mics, or a better sounding room to record in, or both) and use that for the backing parts, then for the lead record both the mic and the pickup and blend them to taste. You may need to flip the polarity of the DI signal, or delay it slightly to match the phase of the mic, but if you get it right I reckon it would sound excellent. ;)
or use phasebug for that

I will have to examine this phasebug at some point, it sounds like it could be useful...

Return to “Music Cafe”