Seed Draft - a barnadine-knockman collaboration

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thank you so much for listening and commenting :D

perhaps i'll look at that vocal level bluedad, it'll have to wait awhile i've got a cold coming on and can't trust my hearing right now.

anyway, barnadine's melodic sense was the key to this track becoming what it is, and now it's 'done' and posted here i find myself strangely swept away and carried by reverie. the picture i chose to accompany the post is key to my feelings about landscape, both internal and external, and has also led me to spend an afternoon looking again at the works of a few particular artists. they are people who've had a deep impact on my sense of nature, place and spirit. for those interested here are some links:

ivon hitchens

paul nash

edward wadsworth

eric ravilious

carolyn trant

not the usual set of references in a (computer) music forum i know, but something i'd like to share.

regards

Sorry but my poor english are not enough to comment on this. Take this as a substitute :love: :hail:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

hihi, I thought, Matt made the best song of the year with "A spoonful of honey", but this is even better....must have been the long pregnancy :hihi: .
This is THE SONG OF THE YEAR!
A big thanks to Knockman and Barnadine for the incredible tune and especially for the vocals (Oh Dear! Gänsehaut.....).

Mello :phones: :D :love: :love: :love:

p.s. ad Barnadine :oops: I couldn't listen without problems to your last month's contest entry. I was in San Tropez in a very expensive internet-cafe and the headphones gave many noises, but the song couldn't come through well (same with Markleford's jesus-tune, which I like very much too). So it wasn't in my voting, but you got the n°1 anyway....and I felt better then. Anyway, it is also one of my favs this year. Thanks for that, too!
"It dreamed itself along"

great song, arrangement and vocals
music had a touch of Sylvain to it I think,
excellent experience
damn

jump to the bump! :hihi:

Listen to this beauty.................

mellotronaut wrote:jump to the bump! :hihi:

Hey, who told you about it :tantrum:
:hihi:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Almost perfect.. I wrote "almost" just to leave enough headroom for my future listenings.. Well done, guys.. The ending is just beautiful.. Congrats and stay tuned.. :wink:

zeoy wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:jump to the bump! :hihi:

Hey, who told you about it :tantrum:
:hihi:

It was....no, I won't tell you :hihi:

enigmello

:) thanks all for listening and giving such positive feedback
~beowulf~ wrote:Almost perfect.. I wrote "almost" just to leave enough headroom for my future listenings.. Well done, guys.. The ending is just beautiful.. Congrats and stay tuned.. :wink:
:D thanks ~beowulf~, "almost perfect" to me seems far preferrable - to be perfect would be sterile and perhaps disconcerting, so you've given the best compliment there can be - often the slight grain, scratch or asymmetry is the unconcious source of fascination. i hope future listenings won't change that!

thanks again, i'm humbled by your praise :oops: and can only repeat that it was barnadine who really brought this piece to life.

regards

Great stuff guys! 8)

You're singing styles definitly blend nice. I like the une all around, especially the production. It's very 80's sounding, but still has a modern sense to it. The mix sounds like it needs some work, but from judging from the title it looks like there's more to come in the form of additional parts and final mixing?
Good stuff.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

listen, please!

Wonderful song, congrats to both of you. Listened already three times in a row, thank you for sharing it with us :)

I'm awed and humbled. Great work!

This is Respirators wife... Liked your collaboration much. For me (because I like your individual works) it was very fascinating and very beautiful to hear your voices together. Look forward to hearing more in the future :-)

Trine

Bump - this CANNOT only go for 2 pages! Have a listen, people - goosebump material!

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Return to “Music Cafe”