Seed Draft - a barnadine-knockman collaboration

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks again for all the comments. And it's been rewarding following those art links, knockman. Wasn't aware of any of these artists.

Ixox: we have a deadline now, must finish our collab in under a year. :help: ;)

Mello: many thanks. I'm not really bothered about votes either way, but I'm very glad to hear you liked the song.

Ok, i guess i'll be the first to rain on the parade
:oops:

This is definitely a nice song with a lovely melody, but it looses me. Kind of reminds me of an Icehouse tune where the song hits you for the first minute but then gets a bit redundant as the song goes.

However, again, this really is a nice effort and normally i wouldn't chime in if i don't have anything positive to say...but i do...i agree that you guys should work on some more stuff together as it would be interesting to see what other songs come out of it. :)
This is a nice start.

Cheers, S.HUSH. No need to be apologetic about constructive criticism. 8)

Not really familiar with Icehouse. Serious-faced guys with synths, weren't they? I'll try to scare up some of their songs so I can see where you're coming from.

Love it! The instruments sound super sweet and the vocals are excellent. Great work guys! :love:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

S.HUSH wrote:Ok, i guess i'll be the first to rain on the parade
:oops:

This is definitely a nice song with a lovely melody, but it looses me. Kind of reminds me of an Icehouse tune where the song hits you for the first minute but then gets a bit redundant as the song goes.

However, again, this really is a nice effort and normally i wouldn't chime in if i don't have anything positive to say...but i do...i agree that you guys should work on some more stuff together as it would be interesting to see what other songs come out of it. :)
This is a nice start.
It's great to see, how different people (in this case music-enthusiasts with their own proper stuff) perceive a song.
For me it remains the best track, i've heard this year (after listening to it another 10 times).
And my sweetheart is equally impressed.

m
"It dreamed itself along"

thanks for recent comments, especially mello who i swear isn't on the payroll!

and s.hush, as with barnadine, i appreciate your 'rain'. i find balance and objectivity of immeasurable worth - particularly as i tend to avoid addressing any reservations myself when commenting on others' work. to be honest, i've listened to this piece so much in various stages of development that i can barely find anything left to enjoy in a simple sense through fretting over minutiae. in fact when barnadine first gave it words and melody i was blown away by something rare and beautiful, since that time i'm not sure if anything has been added to enhance that which seemed so pure - perhaps that early incarnation is the definitive moment? in short, i've lost all to subjectivity and over familiarity, and will need some time to hear it again for what it is, rather than a project i must tweak over, so the very positive response to the track has been immensely heartening :D

thanks again :)

ps, i too am unfamiliar with icehouse - i gather that this is a state of affairs that one should endeavour to preserve.

Here you get some 'icehouse':

http://www.icehouse-iva.com/bipolar06/

quite a good song, btw.

and here's the web-site:

http://www.icehouse-iva.com/frameset.html

knockman doesn't pay any mellos, but he's so generous to give us his unbelievable songs......and now with Barnadine.....I'm just an enthusiast, that's all!

m

hmm, not sure about the music, but there's definitely a sartorial similarity :-o

Imageiva davies of icehouse

Image knockman

but whether barnadine is groomed accordingly i really couldn't say? perhaps like one of these?

I hope, Barney isn't the one with the loonie expression and the glasses! :shock: :hihi:

Matt, your frame is quite attractive and the moustache keeps it balanced........mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmm

m

knockman wrote:hmm, not sure about the music, but there's definitely a sartorial similarity :-o

Imageiva davies of icehouse

Image knockman

but whether barnadine is groomed accordingly i really couldn't say? perhaps like one of these?

:hihi: Man it's been awhile since i've seen images of Icehouse.
The reference to Icehouse wasn't meant to be taken literally. The collaboration reminded me of Icehouse in that i really appreciate the melody but it tends to become stagnant as the song continues on.
Again, NORMALLY, if i am not into a song, i'll just let it go and not comment. However, the reason i commented is because i honestly do feel this is a strong start and i would LOVE to hear what other songs you guys can come up with.
:wink:

So hurry up and write more stuff!!!!!!!

Given Barnadine's September contest song, 'The Clearing', and this moving entry, I hereby request knockbarn to continue this theme for an entire album's worth of material on all things cosmoagricultural.

Suggested song themes:

1. The reading of sundials and geological calendars (the most interesting one I've seen for myself is in some ruins outside of Sedona Arizona, at the Palatki ruin. http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recrea ... uins.shtml

2. Phases of the moon and meaning to farming

3. Importance of the storage of seed for next year's planting.

4. Dealing with the disappointment of the low yield of this year's harvest.

5. Celebration of the yield of this year's harvest.

6. Joy of birth / Joy of death as it sustains life through nourishment

etc.

I'm sure that the knockbarn collective have more up their sleeve. I'm looking forward to more delightful songs such as these two recent offerings.

-Scott

Nice ideas, Scott. Given current conditions in Australia, I might add: 7. Drought.
mellotronaut wrote:I hope, Barney isn't the one with the loonie expression and the glasses! :shock: :hihi:
No, I think that's actually famous kvr member Wopelka. Wonder where he is these days. I miss his music.

Second from the right is a bloke called Richard Branson. He used to play cowbell for us, before leaving to start a balloon company or something. Wonder where he is these days.

This Branson made a track, called 'Just Like A Virgin', right?
Poor Wopelka, he makes good stuff, seems he likes good stuff too.......

mellobservation

Yes, that's our Branson, mello. I hope it sold well... I should send Wopelka an email, see how he's doing. Switzerland's a dangerous country.

Damn, I inadvertently bumped the thread. Careless.

Nice song.
Moody Blues feeling.
Thank's.

Daniel

Return to “Music Cafe”