sLOPPY buT PrEtTy fOLk soNg?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My first impression was Elliot Smith - very nice, mate!

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

rachmiel wrote:nice. it's very inviting, like a good friend.

how about a piece with less processing? i'd like to hear your voice solo with a simple guitar accompaniment.
Sad to say, That is my voice with no processing, Rachmiel. Everything is dry (a little bit of verb), I'm just doing multitracking with my voice and harmonizing poorly with my self so it sounds processed. Honestly, its just me, but i hadn't until now realized that it might actually sound processed..

But a little less over dubbing (with a chest cold) can be found on
BABY BLUE - from Noise to Water
http://www.jazzyspoon.com/FROM%20NOISE% ... 0Water.mp3

enjoy....

Yes, Elliot Smith came to mind here too. That double-tracked vocal sound.

Nice song, warm and sad. I found myself listening to the vocals more as an instrument instead of the words themselves. Interesting timbre. Will have to listen again for the lyrics.

> That is my voice with no processing

i meant the overdubbing. it's a good sound, sensual, but i'd be interested in hearing just you (not you, you, and you). :-)

i meant the overdubbing.
oh...doh! then perhaps I will try a less choral mix sometime soon....

And thanks, BTW.
Reminds me somewhat of something like Ween's "Baby Bitch".
I do like Ween a lot.
My first impression was Elliot Smith - very nice, mate!
Thanks, Watto. Thats a huge pat on the back. I also like Elliot Smith (though I only know a little of his work)

I downloaded this earlier and I was trying to find who did it to comment on it. Didn't expect it was yours heh.
I used to listen to a lot of lo-fi type music which sounds a lot like your song (like acoustic sebadoh/lou barlow stuff, or swell)
In my opinion this is a most beautiful track and your singing is really great. I would like to encourage you to do more music like this :hug:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Didn't expect it was yours heh.
I have a pretty wide range of music styles that I play around with..

I would like to encourage you to do more music like this
I couldn't stop if I wanted to..... http://jazzyspoon.com/from%20Noise%20to ... 20page.htm

and thanks, core, for the encouragement. I could use it these days.

Just playing this again, it deserves a bump for those who didn't hear it yet. Beautiful!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Thanks, Core. I'm a little shy about "bumping" my own stuff, even when i would want to. Glad to see this didn't slip away in page 5 obscurity yet.
peace
Jazzyspoon

Return to “Music Cafe”