More Aldebaran polka...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reminds me of Orb's less serious stuff... Glad to see people using Native Instruments new toys!

herodotus wrote:So tell me of this KORE thingie that you use so masterfully.

I mean, I know what the press release says, but what is it really?
I don't know if masterfully is the right term there, John- haphazardly's more of the case :oops: :lol:

KORE's an environment for your plugins that can be used either standalone or as a plugin in your favorite host. It provides (after you program your pages how you want) a unified interface for any plugin on your system, with high resolution (512 steps vs MIDI's 128 steps) controllers. By saving your plugins' patches as KORE sounds (or .ksds), you can apply metatags to each sound describing the characteristics (such as distorted, pad, long attack, etc.); these are called attributes. Each sound can have attributes from up to five different categories (instrument, source, timbre, articulation and genre) assigned to it, and you can have multiple selections per category. Once saved, you can search for all the sounds you have in your database that fit the attributes you want- say a vocal FM/sampled synth in layers that's warm yet dissonant, with a long attack, is tempo synced and is suitable for film scores.

I'll have to give you a demo one of these days.
fake wrote:Problems downloading, just says starting and that's it.

Will try again later.
I think John (jdg) was doing server maintenance earlier-that one's on its last legs, Bernard.
djwglpuppy wrote:Glad to see people using Native Instruments new toys!
It's a nasty job but somebody's got to do it... :(

:hihi:

Thanks for listening :oops: :D

ew

ew
A spectral heretic...

I really like it. Has a great atmosphere and groove to it. Love that lead guitar like sound. Must be FM8?

Electric Phase wrote:I really like it. Has a great atmosphere and groove to it. Love that lead guitar like sound. Must be FM8?
Nope, the bass is FM8. FM8 puts out some amazing bottom end :love:
The lead's TERA. It's a patch I did a long time ago; it's part of my TERA bank.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:
Electric Phase wrote:I really like it. Has a great atmosphere and groove to it. Love that lead guitar like sound. Must be FM8?
Nope, the bass is FM8. FM8 puts out some amazing bottom end :love:
The lead's TERA. It's a patch I did a long time ago; it's part of my TERA bank.

ew

Wow! That is FM8. FM7 was all about the amazing Grit (for me at least)... I would've never of guessed. I have to wait to get paid to upgrade to Komplete 4 (and now you are making me even more impatient).

Have you had a chance to compare Zebra2 to Massive? Some people are claiming similarities except Zebra is almost half the price.... since you are actually using Massive, I figured you woule be the one to ask.

djwglpuppy wrote: Have you had a chance to compare Zebra2 to Massive? Some people are claiming similarities except Zebra is almost half the price.... since you are actually using Massive, I figured you woule be the one to ask.
I've got both Zebra and Massive. While I can see some similarities, they're completely different animals, and both wonderful synths.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Great to see you advancing the art of polka into the 21st century. This may even be the FIRST polka written in the 21st...Lawrence Welk 2lX3 approves!

I'm looking for a bubble machine before I start the ballroom tour :hyper:

Thanks for listening, mayan :oops: :D

ew
A spectral heretic...

Extremly good sounds!

m
"It dreamed itself along"

ew wrote:I'm looking for a bubble machine before I start the ballroom tour :hyper:

Thanks for listening, mayan :oops: :D

ew
Now that I've heard this jaw-slackening wonder of a song, I have to ask finally - is that quote from Gibby?

mellotronaut wrote:Extremly good sounds!
runagate wrote:Now that I've heard this jaw-slackening wonder of a song, I have to ask finally - is that quote from Gibby?
To tell you the truth I can't remember :oops: :lol: . I think I picked it up from The Daily Wav a couple years ago, but I can't remember where the soundbyte originally came from.

ew
A spectral heretic...

this is different and very enjoyable
nice and smooth, like the lead...coolness

Weird, I was trying to say that "now that I've heard this jaw-slackening wonder of a song a few dozen times" but I apparently forgot to type that part apparently.

I think it's Gibby Haynes of th Butthole Surfers.
I'm not very familiar with them, but it's sort of an unforgettable voice.

wavephonic wrote:this is different and very enjoyable
The different part's the most important to me :D

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:
wavephonic wrote:this is different and very enjoyable
The different part's the most important to me :D

ew
I liked the song. I liked the repeating rythmic part in the backround, it sounds like something that would be done with a reaktor ensemble, but hey it could be massive I don't know, but I liked it. I'm also fairly old school and still like media snippets so I liked the spoken word snippets.

Aside from that,....

Does FM-8 have a pitch envelope for each operator or is it still the same pitch mod as FM-7?

I'd buy kore but I'm still waiting for more people to comment on it.

Aldebran Polka is an interesting name though. I picture Enya at Octoberfest, er something like that.

Return to “Music Cafe”