Is my E string a few cycles sharp?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A week ago I recorded a chord progression with a synth and improvised over it. This weekend I recorded some rhythm tracks. All the rhythm tracks are played with various objects around my room. I made various sounds with books, my mouth, some snaps, thick plastic, and other stuff. Most of the percussion is double/triple tracked. I made two versions. They both have the same rhythm chord, melody thing. The percussion tracks are the difference.

The first version was recorded with my preamp on my 1616m. For some reason this mic (MXL 993) preamp combo created a noise with more high frequency content than the same mic with my audiobuddy preamp created.

They are not the same sounds sent through different preamps. The have totally different sounds/arrangements.

www.bigwussy.net/music_samples/308.1.mp3 - 1616m

www.bigwussy.net/music_samples/308.2.mp3 - audiobuddy

Cool stuff

I like the 1616m version better, but I'm not really sure what you're intent is here. Is it supposed to be a comparison of preamps? or a comparison of different takes on the same theme? or just to listen to? or all of the above?

Interesting sounds you have going on. The timing of a lot of the sounds are pretty off in relation to each other. It creates a smeared, kinda anti-time quality, which is pretty cool but makes for a hard listen imo. Definitly not your mainstream stuff which is a plus.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Thanks Bo and freeztar. :)

No point really. I made the second version after I realized the audiobuddy with the 993 mic didn't produce the high pitch background noise that the 1616m did.

Personally I like the second version better. There's a lot of cool stuff going on in the second half. I really like squeal of the fingernail clippers being manipulated. There also some outside atmosphere (recorded after a big rain) that I really like.

Interesting as always... enjoyed the "self" percussion and other sounds, bit BOCish with the warbly 2 chord progression. I preferred 308.1.
Image Image

experimental in nature but the melodic bit keeps it together,
neat idea with the human rhythm
I like interesting stuff as this

Thanks for your feedback polyslax and wavephonic. :)

Ch Chunk ChCh Chunk

I think this may be my most interesting song to date. It won't make you teary eyed, but the rhythmic elements are certainly unique. Any one else have music to recommend with abnormal rhythm sounds.

I love the KVR music tracker.

It just played me this happy little trippy cyclone called "308" by you and then it links me to comment.

I almost missed this one somehow so thanks to you GJ and thanks to the funny little tracker.

I did do that one tune using K's EEG rythmns...
They went from eplectic seizures to normal and I used the timing information from the images to develope the 'drum' track, that consisted of your's and xoxo's samples.
I'll see if it's still posted...
brb.
Last edited by deaf dunderkwac on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

for entertaining porpoises only

Thank you runagate for listening and commenting. Interesting dunder. I'll check it out on the comp.

Return to “Music Cafe”