runagate - cover of Fiesta + tracks you can remix now posted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are you going to be using Usine?

Sure could, right now it's in eXT.

Oh, sweet, that's even better.

Hmm, I don't know how much DSP power you can squeeze out, certainly I don't have enough obviously, but part of the secret of getting something like this, with a zillion tracks to work is multiband compression, so if you can toss a live multiband limiter at the end of the chain even if you don't end up using it you get a feel for what it'll all end up like in the end while you experiment.

Also, in general, if you're going to glitchify a part somehow isolating the output of a given track if there's some sort of given panoramic range and frequency band you can isolate for that part it'll all hang together better in the end. That's also partially why the Gallstone had the weird short verb with preverb on it whereas the Sax-O-Phunk had 30% wet Twox autowah on it, then delay. It gives them their own little places to live in that helps out ears separate them out.

And remember that some fx are just more nuts when you automate them at all, like say bionic delay will sound crazy as hell when you turn knobs while it's playing. A good rule of thumb is to run stuff live and twiddle knobs just to see what'll happen if you automate it.

Also, in Ext, since it's modular you have great options for wet/dry envelopes and switching, I can't think of the names of some of Soma and Nicfit's plugs offhand but you can orchestrate fx changes with them.

Constraining the high and low levels of the CC automation if often helpful, say with Mr. Green or BufferOverride - BufferOverride has such a huge range across it's x-y pad that unless you're tweaking it live just tossing CC constraints on there to say 20% in either direction from the starting dot's place is a good idea since you generally don't get the classic glitch sound if it's sweeping across 8 octaces in a millisecond.

Oh man how am I already awake? :P

Excellent...lots of stuff to practice. Caught some of your posts in the Drum-MicPos thread that might also be of use here. But now to sleep. Maybe... I blame it on SE. :ud:

Kinda freaks me out that you're possibly new to automation and stuff considering how much I like the only song I know about you having posted here.

Also, don't worry about what your end-product is :)
Or worry about getting it done in a certian amount of time. Both good rules of thumb when making the music, I'm just excited to see what you do to it - messing with someone else's audio, like I did here by replacing VSTs into someone else's score, is an interesting excercize.

And what's in your head is always the important part.
I like my songs mostly because of the interaction between me and all this incredible new, barely tested technology. We're about the only people on the forefront of this audio revolution, maybe not intentionally, like it or not.

It's not like any but one of my songs I've made on a PC are even the kind of compositions I've been making for years - granted, a PC is utterly necessary to these compositions, I just don't have the skillz (or most especially the PC power) to pull them off so in a way the worst is yet to come - mostly this is the minimalist/poppy version of what's been floating in my head for years. So basically anything you make is great practive for familiarizing yourself with the ludicrously humungous possibilities now at our fingertips... but it still have to come from your mind and imagination to be good. Even just choosing to toss Daisypusher across a track and hitting random is a strange aesthetic choice that'll tech you something about what's possible and what kind of audio will result which eventually becomes a massive armamentorium in your crative grab-bag for the next sonic attack.

an interesting concept to start a track, with very unusual results. i don't know if you've heard the kronos quartet's "neuvo" record, but it has some of that feel, like you're trying to imitate a mariachi band, except it's completely warped tape copy that's playing in a junky taxi with lots of city noise bleeing in, far louder than the speakers can handle so these weird glitchy overtones start creeping in.

bobsled wrote:Sure could, right now it's in eXT.
What do you mean "now it's in eXT"? Does it run as a plugin now or something?

aMUSEd wrote:
im guessing "i could use usine, right now im using ext tho" :wink:

vurt wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
im guessing "i could use usine, right now im using ext tho" :wink:
Oh sod - its getting late, and that will teach me for jumping on one post out of context (without reading the prior posts).

Oh well - the way I read it sounded exciting :) I was thinking have they done a Bidule for a sec.

Lol, aMUSED. I was actually just thinking I was probably the only person who hijacks my own Cafe posts with essay-length asides but I come here to see this quite diverting misunderstanding.

Usine as a plug in ext as a plug would be pretty sublime. I can't see any reason you couldn't use ext in Usine, though, but I don't have the energy so I'll probably never get to experiment with that setup.

I liked this...how it's sometimes on...but mostly bent.
Cool what you did to get it to sound demented.hehe

Used to be a Chick fan in the '70s. Saw him many times..thought I had heard all the possible permutations of this song...boy was I wrong!
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

runagate wrote:Kinda freaks me out that you're possibly new to automation and stuff...
Kinda freaks me out, too...I usually just "ride the faders" in search of something interesting while layering a bunch of synths and effects. It's time to take another step in the direction of figuring out what the heck I'm doing :hihi: and maybe get a little bit better at it.

A popular tale, a traditional music and the presentation of some instruments, here the menu of the collection "Tells of the five continents" published at Nathan. Chloé Gabrielli adapted here for young people one tale from India. Kali with the responsibility of bring back coconuts in the forest for the meal. It is a task where it is necessary to be courageous and learn how to be wary of the most dangerous animals. It will have to face several species, but the white elephant will help it in its search. On bottom of exchange and magic, an initiatory course which explains the relations between the men and some venerated species or welcomes in India. The children will be able also to impregnate airs of Indian music and to discover some typical instruments.

I've literally never[/i[ had anyone google Kali Blanc on me before, liqih! (it's how my name appears on my insanely-ancient hotmail account). Kudos.

Hmm I seuddenly smell datura stranontium in my apartment! What could account for that!?

Hey, my damned midget just came over to visit and she's singing this song and dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC9-ahTN-SE

Return to “Music Cafe”