[OLD] Too much

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm feeling like sharing some old stuff:

Too Much

My old, old band... Sorry :shrug:

Sounds strangely similar to your more recent stuff, only a little less polished... I like it a lot.

i've listened to this a few times today whilst doing other things about the house and as dystonia_dk says it doesn't sound so different to your output of late, i'm intrigued: how old is it? and how was the band comprised?

what's remarkable is the restraint considering there are presumably a number of people involved. one thing that seems different is the frequeny range, your recent stuff seems to charter an entire universe whereas this appears far more contained. perhaps your 'apologetic' introduction above prejudices these ears somewhat, but i miss the thorough command of texture that i've come to consider as the respirator hallmark.

i'm curious about your genesis and development.

regards

Yes, please some clarification. This is hardly what I expected to hear as "my old band". I was expecting three-chord garage band stuff.

It's cool though. Large amount of high frequency information!

Victor.

Trippy
runagate likes
which one of you plays that noiserecutionbandoleon?

Well I never. I thought you said you used to play guitar in a straight-up rock band. :hihi:

Very enjoyable and, yeah, very respirator. Thanks for digging this up. Like everyone else, I'd love to hear more detail about the band.

The little snatches of strings (?) made me realise how rare bowed instruments are in your sound these days, but they fit quite nicely. I know you're opposed to sampled instruments, so maybe it's time for you to learn the cello or something. :)

More please.

Oh my :oops:

This is indeed an early resp. track. And not the one I meant to upload. Here's the right track: http://www.respirator.dk/tl.mp3 . Sorry!

Btw: I like that old resp. track myself. It's based on the speach from The Dictator (backwords)...

Well, that old band is pretty much the same as what you do now, right? :shrug:

Lol, that's pretty tight, respi 8)
Is that you singing? The guitar is hilariously 80's-sounding :)

Me singing :x Oh no. Only guitar. This is a digital recording from ca. '99.

"Backwords" is kind of a funny typo...

i must confess this makes me chuckle - is that allowed? you're being rather coy about it. it's a million miles from "heather town road" and several million more from "monochrome".
do you have a photo to show us?

regards

Chuckling is indeed allowed. Photos would be too embarrassing.

I need to dig out that old track of yours that I loved so much..f**k, can't remember the name of it, the one with the folk guitar, something with 'road' in the title I think?

Such a great track..
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Hi Sickle. Must be this old track:

http://www.respirator.dk/heather_town_road.mp3

Bingo!

:love:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Return to “Music Cafe”