Lost in the city [remixed]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lost in the city - 3'00"

Definitely lost... :roll:

Cheers

Edit1 & 2 Re-mixed to improve hi-hat and lowering bass
Edit 3 : 3rd version and it's much better
Edit 4 : 4th version : fix bass rumble ?!
Last edited by Laguna Rising on Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kind of a fun, light vibe to it with good sound elements. I enjoyed it!

Mix wise I thought it was a little dull sounding, with the exception of the mix dominating hi hats. I'd have a look at the levels and eq.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Kind of a fun, light vibe to it with good sound elements. I enjoyed it!

Mix wise I thought it was a little dull sounding, with the exception of the mix dominating hi hats. I'd have a look at the levels and eq.
Thanks polyslax, it should have been the exciter/enhancer in mastering stage that pull out the hi-hat.
I must pay attention to that

Thanks for listening

Cheers

nice and smooth, but I completely agree with polyslax on the hihat issue. It will still give you the flow even if you turn it down very low in the mix. Lowering substantially will also bring forth the coolness of the keys and nice fx (currently in the background)
peace

I just DLed this and will be back later when time permits :)

Thanks Jazzyspoon, I listen to your advice (and polyslax) and uploaded a new version, now tha next issue is to fix the bass level. it sounds to prominent now.
I'll check tomorrow

Thanks for your help

Cheers

I followed the useful advices I got here and I uploaded a new version.
I lowered hi-hats and cut 3 db on that noise bass
Not sure the bass level is Ok...:?

Cheers

laguna my man, is there something wrong with my player, seems to be a rumble through it,
excuse if its supposed to be there, don't think so
some nice jazzy holiday type vibe there

I tried to fix all the bugs in the mix and re-uploaded it.
It's really weird but now it's closer to my original idea. Almost there.

Cheers

Lazysnake
Minimogue VA (x2)
Devil
Triple Cheese (x2)
Majken's Chimera
Mini-Vyn
Superubbish
String Theory
Dr-Fusion2

Glaceverb
SimpleSqueeze
BuzzRizerFree

I would recomend putting a low pass cut on the basslike noise. I like the vibe it creates, but if you could pass it to about 300khz to trim the hum off of it, I think the results would be just as pleasant, and the drum kick would be more responsive in the mix.
Am I making any sense?
anyway, I'm still enjoying the jazz of it.
peace
Jazzyspoon

Jazzyspoon wrote:I would recomend putting a low pass cut on the basslike noise.
Oh, I see. That's a good advice.
Done !
I tried to do that but probably it's not enough... Anytime I change something in the mix, something else comes out or changes :hihi:

I should let my ears rest for while.
Thanks for your useful suggestions

Cheers

I, of course, completely disagree with the LP idea.

I love the treble burbles of the low-end!

Everything about this song is enjoyable except that the hi-hat sounds cheap and is too loud. Tremendous chord movement and Carnival/carribean soloing, the bass undercurrents and metallic percussion lend a circus-like swing dance feel to it all. And heinously creative layering of elements that all pull together into a brilliant song. I'm really, really impressed!

Thanks a lot for listening Runagate.
I'm glad you like it. I lowered the hi-hat but probably it's not enough.
I'll pay more attention in the future.

Cheers

Laguna Rising wrote:
Jazzyspoon wrote:I would recomend putting a low pass cut on the basslike noise.
Oh, I see. That's a good advice.
Done !
I tried to do that but probably it's not enough... Anytime I change something in the mix, something else comes out or changes :hihi:

I should let my ears rest for while.
Thanks for your useful suggestions

Cheers
Sorry, Laguna, I meant low cut, not low pass. It was before my cup of coffee and i was uselessly tired. But it sounds like the mix has solidified in spite of my ignorance. Great work and I look forward to future mixes.

lost in the city......one with lots of palm trees,where nothing is TOO much of a problem,and getting lost just becomes an opportunity to get found again. :)

a happy tune,thanks. 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”