Psychedelic Breaks - "Button Pusher Baby (underground mix)"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I envisioned a genre of this type of electronic music (and have been waiting) but no artist or me myself have come close, until now. I like the Crystal Method/Chemical Brothers sound but that stuff gets repetitive quick. Keep going with this type of prog psychedelic breaks sound, I want to hear more, and collab with some guitar players. I kept wanting to hear some sporadic guitar parts in there.

Eric, thx for the listen. Your tunes rock!

Cypher, you're forgiven ;)

DSP: I'm not really in the habit of handing out presets from my track, but I can tell you you were listening to the mighty Albino, and the patch couldn't be simpler. "Mood deluxe" are new to me, I'll have to check em out, cheers.

metalifuxx: Guitars eh? that's pretty funny, cuz rockstar_not had a jam over my track, and man did it sound good. Will take your suggestion on board. It's great I got to quench your thirst for some psy breaks. I just made up that term for this post so I might be on to something here.

MacZero wrote:DSP: I'm not really in the habit of handing out presets from my track, but I can tell you you were listening to the mighty Albino, and the patch couldn't be simpler.
Thanks anyway :P , i hear some pitch modulation on a hp/bp filter, but i thought there would be some more secret tricks
"Mood deluxe" are new to me, I'll have to check em out, cheers.
Be sure you do , they rock !!

I love the original version of this. I mean REALLY love it :love: :love:

I'll just say that I think the original is superior to the remix, but you set yourself a very high target in attempting to better your initial version.

Nevertheless, head and shoulders above most of the music submitted in the Café here :hail:

The one thing I noticed was how clear the beat is. You did an excellent job (as with your last track) of making the beat super apparent. The only thing I noted off hand was some parts of the edited synth where the delay feeds over and it might sound better suddenly being dry, and when the vocals come in, I feel it might be a nice contrast to have an eeire floaty texture/string in the background at some point. Personal preference of course, but this track is brilliant. :)
--_ yup.... _--

Ian, hehe the orignal eh? lol. It's got a certain charm to it for sure. A bit of a mess tho :) thanx for the comment.

Freeform, thx for the tips, glad you enjoyed it. Might have a play around with the floating texture thing. Didn't really understand what you meant by the other comment.

MacZero wrote:Ian, hehe the orignal eh? lol. It's got a certain charm to it for sure. A bit of a mess tho :) thanx for the comment.

Freeform, thx for the tips, glad you enjoyed it. Might have a play around with the floating texture thing. Didn't really understand what you meant by the other comment.
I was referring to the editing done on the albino line near the beginning of the track. I noticed some parts where the delay fed over in a way that didn't sound as mind boggling comparitively to the rest of the edits is all. Kind of toned it down a bit. This is, of course, my personal, EXTREMELY critical opinion though. If you want to know which parts, I could gladly reference times, but since it's personal opinion I'd rather see if you cared or were content with it. Nice work either way. 8)
--_ yup.... _--

Freeform wrote:I was referring to the editing done on the albino line near the beginning of the track. I noticed some parts where the delay fed over in a way that didn't sound as mind boggling comparitively to the rest of the edits is all. Kind of toned it down a bit. This is, of course, my personal, EXTREMELY critical opinion though. If you want to know which parts, I could gladly reference times, but since it's personal opinion I'd rather see if you cared or were content with it. Nice work either way. 8)
aaah yeah I getcha. In Heisenberg breaks I did some interesting little dub style edits with the delay like pitch shifed it, phased it, ran it thru another delay etc.

Unfortunately as this is a remix all I have to work with is the FX'd render so it's not really an option. But I'm making a new track that will have so much autmation in it It'll make BPB sound like a kraftwerk track :) So I'll make sure I give the delay a good going over. May even render it seperately and chop it up a bit.

thanks mate - has been helpful, peace.

MacZero wrote:render it seperately and chop it up a bit.
Brilliant idea. :) Would you be offended if I used this technique?
--_ yup.... _--

OI!!! thats MY intellectual property you're pinching there~~~~~

:) nah man, would like to hear what you come up with.

You're getting awefully good at this.
From the point of view of someone who does a sorta similar thing all the time after I hear a song of yours a few times part of what stands out to me is the serious chops you've got. Is that a term used in elctronic music?

runagate wrote:You're getting awefully good at this.
From the point of view of someone who does a sorta similar thing all the time after I hear a song of yours a few times part of what stands out to me is the serious chops you've got. Is that a term used in elctronic music?
serious chops? :) yeah... clicks and cuts is another good one.

would love to have your experience in chops :)

Return to “Music Cafe”