Aeron - Luna Luce

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone, this is the first of my songs to post here on these forums. :)

For those of you who don't know, being a game programmer myself, I make music for video games. So just to throw that out there, game music is my specialty.

I made this piece for a game I am making. It's a sort of enchanting tune, with a large variety of instruments.

Luna Luce.mp3

Tell me what you think!

Dammit, I'm gone for one day and songs are slipping off the page uncommented upon. C'mon, people.

Being that my musical taste is for the, uh, challenging to put it politely I'd never personally listen to this but I can definitely seeing less, uh, psychotic people enjoying this. That's some damned clean production technique and catchy. Personally I think it sounds like the musical montage in a Minolta corporate video show to new employees but, being that you're a video game composer and I literally can't recall the last time I saw a video game I can't exactly comment on whether you've succeeded on that level.

Hmm, I bet Ildon would be intrigued by this...

Thanks for replying! This sure moved off the front page fast... I was expecting more replies. Maybe it's because I'm new here.

I like the idea on this track, some nice snare work,
a bit short for the idea to develop, overall mix is pretty good
maybe you could add to it
Last edited by wavephonic on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, it moved off the page wuickly probably because I commented on like 25 songs in a row and half the front page is damned stickies.

Sounds like the melody came out of The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald. Even though I think runagate's Minolta comment is spot on I have to admit there's something rather catchy about it. I don't play games at all, so can't really say much in that regard. Some of the sounds didn't grab me - the piano, the hats, but like wave says there are some nice snare touches. Interesting, hope you post some more stuff, and yeah, I'm sure you'll feel right at home once Ildon shows up.
Image Image

I'm not a gamer, but I was the guy who sat in the back of the room smoking watching my friends play them (well) and this would have fit in perfectly with the 'final fantasy' type games they were playing. (man, i really hope thats not an insult to vid game developers as I really enjoyed watching and listening to those games) nice work, keep it up.
Just an observation more than a critique.

Return to “Music Cafe”