Polyslax - A Touch Of The Sun

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

runagate wrote:Whatever that weazy sound is that has that lovely odd rasp embedded underneath it is priceless.
Yeah, MX4 really excels at that stuff, love it for noisy, scratchy weird sounds. Cheers!
Image Image

Thanks Ed and fake, glad you liked it!
Image Image

Should also mention I dropped a new mix in at the original link. Didn't do much other than take a little heat off the low end.
Image Image

Mmmmmmmmmm.
Love this lazy, stoned, shuffler.
The offbeat drumming & Bassline feel like they've been dragged straight out of my unconcious.
Warning, sustained listening to polyslax tunes can have strange effects:

not saying it had that ^ effect on me, but nonetheless this was a pretty cool laudback tune. Great to hear the growth beneath the notes!

diverdee wrote:Mmmmmmmmmm.
The offbeat drumming & Bassline feel like they've been dragged straight out of my unconcious.
You're just a lost cause! :wink:

Thanks a lot diverdee!
Image Image

mystahr wrote:not saying it had that ^ effect on me, but nonetheless this was a pretty cool laudback tune. Great to hear the growth beneath the notes!
Cheers mystahr!
Image Image

fantastic track. love that ploddy bass and the way the delays throw the beat out.

Thanks for the listen Cypher!
Image Image

My one complimentary bump for the +10 minute track crowd, if there are any of you left! :)
Image Image

How many people download your songs, poly? With mine I can't tell but I can't help but think that your songs bridge several of the both accessible non-musician types of tunes and my types' hopelessly avant weirdo kind of audio.

I actually have to restrain myself from bumping them all the time.

I just popped onto KVR wondering about approaching you about trading some of made-to-order runagate sounds/solos/arrangement morphs for some of your beats and such to be used in our respective musics. I have no real ability to input straightforward funky beats like you make with my slow-ass midi controller though I'm not entirely sure what I'd have to offer in trade lol.

runagate wrote:How many people download your songs, poly? With mine I can't tell but I can't help but think that your songs bridge several of the both accessible non-musician types of tunes and my types' hopelessly avant weirdo kind of audio.
Just had a look at my September stats. Almost 31,000 hits on the site. 283 downloads of my main track for the month. I have no idea how those numbers compare in the grand scheme. I'm sure some of the numbers are thanks to crawlers of some kind, but I really don't check the stats very often - just when I want to make sure I'm not coming close to my ceiling. My stuff is certainly, obviously, way more tame than yours, so yeah, I could see it having broader acceptance based on that. But who knows, I'm not aiming for anything, just working by intuition.
runagate wrote:I actually have to restrain myself from bumping them all the time.
Why fight it? :hihi: :wink:
runagate wrote:I just popped onto KVR wondering about approaching you about trading some of made-to-order runagate sounds/solos/arrangement morphs for some of your beats and such to be used in our respective musics. I have no real ability to input straightforward funky beats like you make with my slow-ass midi controller though I'm not entirely sure what I'd have to offer in trade lol.
Hell yes! Collab, trade, whatever, I'm sure it would be a funked up bastard of a sonic love child. Lemme know any time you wanna engage in summa dat.
Image Image

Oh, I so wanna hear this
"a funked up bastard of a sonic love child"
Please do. 8)

diverdee wrote:Mmmmmmmmmm.
+1
I gotta go to work, you know! :x
Abso-f**king-lutely-awesome-sensi-micro-out-there-dub :-o
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

zeoy wrote:Abso-f**king-lutely-awesome-sensi-micro-out-there-dub :-o
Thanks for that zeoy!

Been out of town for a few days, actually still not back to my home system, hopefully tonight - looks like I have some cafe listening to catch up on!
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”