My new music page - any opinions on songs?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have just put some songs up on soundclick.com. It's a great site for getting music on-line for free.
The only problem is that there is some great music but so much to sift through.

I have put four songs up from various genres (my style keeps changing?) and would like any feedback.

Hemmick Reef wrote:I have just put some songs up on soundclick.com. It's a great site for getting music on-line for free.
The only problem is that there is some great music but so much to sift through.

I have put four songs up from various genres (my style keeps changing?) and would like any feedback.

It might help to put a link in your post somewhere?

Sorry I fogot the important bit :oops:
---------
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=621043

Nice :). 'Distant Time' is a bit Pink Floyd'ish... was that intentional?

M'Snah wrote:Nice :). 'Distant Time' is a bit Pink Floyd'ish... was that intentional?
Thanks for having a listen. It wasn't intentional, in fact I decided to get an idea recorded quickly and I didn't use a click track or drum beat to keep time :nutter: I later set up a drum track using Sampletank and played the drums along after. The timeing therefore isn't very good but I liked the final atmosphere and feel to it. It just reminded me of early Floyd...hence the name Floydy :wink:

At the moment I can only get "Distant Time" to play (ah, the vagaries of streaming audio!) but it's pretty nice. I take it you're from the pre-PC age and have blended the 2 worlds together for your music? Very nice.

runagate wrote:At the moment I can only get "Distant Time" to play (ah, the vagaries of streaming audio!) but it's pretty nice. I take it you're from the pre-PC age and have blended the 2 worlds together for your music? Very nice.
Thanks for the encouraging words.
I just tried the link and I didn't get any problems, maybe it was a digital glitch. Try again, I would like to know if there are any problems so I can contact soundclick.

I started years ago on 4-track tape machines by mic'ing up amps. It has taken me a bit of time to get use to Cubase on a PC and I do use softsynths, EZdrummer etc (I have a short list on the main page at soundclick) but I still think it's good to get some live sounds recorded if possible, as long as it fits the style though. I find live recording sometimes difficult to get levels and sounds balanced but it's fun and I find it rewarding.
Cheers

Distant Time is definitely a nice track, but others are not bad either. I like Moving. Good harmonies.

Victor.

Well, in poking around on other soundclick pages, including my own, I'm not getting many of them to stream so though I inteded to listen to more I had the kibosh put on me by the net gremlins.

Trust me everyone here knows I really will try back until I get the damned links to admit me to your sound streams.

VicDiesel wrote:Distant Time is definitely a nice track, but others are not bad either. I like Moving. Good harmonies.

Victor.
Cheers Victor :)

Return to “Music Cafe”