Glooper - Hold on your time [pop]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a song I've been working on with Jen... feedback wanted as usual...

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/Gloope ... me%206.mp3

Ben

bump... :)

Hi Ben

How is the new site doing ?
Great pop song you have there, I couldn't think of one remark beside 'I love it'

I listened to this one over my lunch break, really enjoyed it. The vocals levels are pretty good, but the vocals fall a bit too far into the mix during the chorus (starting around 1:18 or so). The verses are very clear though. I like the bubbling fx, nice unique touch. The strings sound great.

Nice ideas, production too. Nae chorus though! Not always necessary, but if you're going to do that one progression thing, I'll wager you need to hold back a bit more earlier. Especially with the vocals, leave the double tracking out till later. Ends with a bit of whimper, all the bits are there but th'arrangement seems lacking to moi.

kara wrote:Hi Ben

How is the new site doing ?
Great pop song you have there, I couldn't think of one remark beside 'I love it'
It's getting there... Got to do a bit of tweaking to the database. Also need some graphics off you at some point for the top corner link... will send an e-mail later..

Cheers for the comment.:)

Ben

Eric Bourne wrote:I listened to this one over my lunch break, really enjoyed it. The vocals levels are pretty good, but the vocals fall a bit too far into the mix during the chorus (starting around 1:18 or so). The verses are very clear though. I like the bubbling fx, nice unique touch. The strings sound great.
Cheers Eric.. glad you enjoyed it..

I think your right about the vocal levels.. in fact It's also slightly too loud in the bit between the second verse and chorus type bit.

Ben

donkey tugger wrote:Nice ideas, production too. Nae chorus though! Not always necessary, but if you're going to do that one progression thing, I'll wager you need to hold back a bit more earlier. Especially with the vocals, leave the double tracking out till later. Ends with a bit of whimper, all the bits are there but th'arrangement seems lacking to moi.
Cheers for the comments. yeah.. it's more of an album track than a single... with the lack of a definitive chorus. I tried to hold back by only bringing in the electric guitars in the last chorusy type bit. Though I'll try playing around the vocals a bit when I sort out the levels of it.

I actually quite like the whimper ending... :)

Ben

nice tune ben, seems a bit bass light in places but that may be intentional and the strings while lovely seem to be a little overpowering at times.

nice one.

blaster78 wrote:nice tune ben, seems a bit bass light in places but that may be intentional and the strings while lovely seem to be a little overpowering at times.

nice one.
Cheers steve..:)

bump :)

I have an interesting problem regarding music in styles that I don't normally listen to. I either hate them, which I know after one listen, or I am undecided if I like it or not. In the latter case, I listen to the song again and again until I can make a decision.

Well, I've listened to this song at least 10 times now, so I guess that's a clear sign I like it! Very tasteful orchestration and vocals that just fit right in. Quite nice indeed!

Brian

Cheers. I'm glad you liked it. :)

Ben

Return to “Music Cafe”