Zero Skill - emulation of bad musicians

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.bobbybeats.co.uk/music/bobby ... oSkill.mp3

you sound like this? you need practise..

love it! (really.) can i join the band? :-)

hehe, sure! minimum skill requirement, no rehearsals, no repertoire to speak of.. and no gigs - the almost-perfect band!

let's hit the road (with our fists)

i'm definitely in! one of the perks, besides the chicks, is that i can be a full member without leaving my house. i might be able to get us a spot in an imaginary festival.

do you really think this is a bad piece? i think the sounds are fascinating, really compelling.

Well, this isn't music, so I guess it's not bad. It's a very good collection of ill-matched sounds and off-beat structures. Calling this a bad song is like calling a pizza a bad hovercraft.

not music? you may be contested there..

i don't think it's a bad peice - i've not made anything like this before, conceptually i wanted to sound like a group of people trying _really_ hard to play together, and i think i achieved that.

indeed, i also think the sounds are fascinating; a simple penny whistle, an impossible to play trumpet and a guitar can be bent in beautifully strange sounding ways..

it certainly isn't a song though - i considered some sort of recognisable pattern verse/chorus style, but rejected it in favour of organised chaos.

I think you're right, not a song, but possibly music.

residential, one might say.
love it 8)

I was expecting it to be one of my tracks...

I've heard worse avant garde tracks. This one reminds me of paper music quite a bit, or that school of thought and theory called 'electro acoustic music'.

With a bit of ctrl this would be actually a really cool track. What the hell was this made with? I like the granular feedback delay sounding effect on the destroyed guitar.. Also like the freeeeeeeeze parts. Was this done on the fly?

L

the orchestra tuning jazz fest,
the sounds actually come across rather good, but a seagull landed on my window sill while it was playing...is that supposed to happen?

> reminds me of paper music

yes, except that it's fun and sounds good ... ;-)

reminds me of:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Scratch_Orchestra

where the intent, not the virtuosity, is the point.
Last edited by rachmiel on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”