Supposed to be a mess [80s funk with a twist]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Haha, this baby is going to have a sequel ! :D
I just received S.HUSH's files and on saturday I'll make some more versions, with his magistral guitar riffs and the other goodies. 8)
Liqih you might make a CD with only 1 song, but in different versions. :wink:
...mmmm, a slice of death metal, a sniff of Tibetanian Flugel Horn... (sorry, just playing with some thoughts) :lol:

Tweedledumpidumdum,

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

go on max! it's saturday, <grin>

and here is the song version again with some corrections and better vocal effects,

some as you commented S.HUSH (and thanks again!)

http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/suppos ... Vocals.mp3

As Liqih wisely said : "It's saturday". :-o
Indeed it is and here's my latest version, with Shushi pumping up the guitar and pulling the vocal "car" 8) :

http://maxebelga.kara-moon.com/music/Supposed_to_be.mp3

Over to the next... :hihi:

Max v3.4... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Two fantastic versions!

Do you know, guys, this could be an instant hit?!

:love: :tu:
"It dreamed itself along"

cool! the most complete version, maybe a bit busy at start but after the first chorus I love it, <grin>

mellotronaut wrote:Two fantastic versions!

Do you know, guys, this could be an instant hit?!

:love: :tu:
ok I'll send this to someone, <grin>

but I also want to make one more mix with Max samples,
(I'm pm you Max)

Well, if i could get MAx an Liqih in the same room and produce this i would take elements from both and mix em together. SO if i may ask...is it possible to get some files sent to me so i can make my own version?

I like the glitchy synth part from Max's version and i really like what he did to my vocals. They sound sharp. Could i get those vox files and the glitchy synth part max por favor?

I like the basic song structure from Liqih's version so if it's possible to get a mix w/o vox in the verse and w/o guit/vox in the chorus that would be great. However, definitely keep the guitars from the beginning of the song along with the voc part w/ delay. I like that alot. ALso, you can keep the part with "messed up vox sample", the one with the echo delay.

I want to mix what i hear and see what you guys think.

Yeah, do it! Do the definitive single-version! :hyper:
"It dreamed itself along"

ok, I hope I understod correctly
http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/suppos ... araoke.rar
looking forward to "the singer version"!

BTW Max you may pick higher quality loops from there too since it's encoded at 192kbs

BPM is 140

OK, guys, first I thought this would end up as a complete CD, but Í realize now that'll be a double studio CD, followed by a world tour, a movie, some video clips, a magazine, T-shirts, 5 books, a line of uni-sex underwear and 17 more Tanga-girls in the club...

First I'm going to make something to eat, eat it and then...

See ya,

Carpo diem ergo sum !

I'm on my way out for a few hours...i'll be back to check this out and work on it :party:

Liqih and Shushi, you have a PM with a link to the separate tracks.
Have fun,

Carpo diem ergo sum !

Ok, here it is:

This mess is blessed

Used Liqih's foundation and used the vox/guit files processed by Max. I also used some samples here and there sent by Max.
I added bass guitar too.

Hope you guys like it! :)

If not, blow me :hihi:

I had to buy a new external HD to get rid of all those versions ! :hihi:
I think it's Liqih's turn again. :lol:

BTW I've put my last version at The Auditorium and we're receiving nice critiques; especially Shushi with his guitar and vocals ! :D

Cheers and ciao,

Carpo diem ergo sum !

In my head this is reminding me of Prince meets Hall and Oates meets Robert Palmer. :razz:

Very catchy, had a listen a few days ago, came back for another listen now there's a remix fest going on :lol: 8)
Regards, Mike

Return to “Music Cafe”