The first tracks i've made public

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

These are the first tracks that I've ever made public. I would really appreciate it if some of you could give me some feedback, I have been writing music for a while but have not really got into the music forum community thing, but I am attempting to now. There are two tracks, one a drum and bass track and the other a break beat track. They are both at a bitrate of 192 are ~4mb and ~8mb respectively. You can also visit my music page which contains a flash mp3 player and other tracks:

http://www.franklynjones.com/dog/index.htm

Here are the individual tracks:

Step off the train
Don't say nothing

Thanks for your time and i hope you enjoy them.
Cheers,
Dan

Bump.

Daniel Pompougnac

Theres some great sounding and well recorded material on this webpage. I really enjoyed this talented collection of music. You have a fun sound. I can hear your influences clearly, but you have a collectively unique sound.
Nice work.

thanks jazzyspoon. I had made that topic so long ago. It was really nice to hear some positivity about my work, been a bit unsure of my stuff recently.

I like 'don't say nothing'.
Like jazzyspoon says, it has a certain something beyond its influences. I like the unabashed straightness of the drums. I'm a sucker. Some nice processing on the vocal too- non-annoying stuttering. :)

I like step of the Train a lot... I have to tell the truth and say, it kinda missed the mark on " thumpy " But that is serious personal preference yeah. Lately I am getting into very " thumpy " sounds... I cant quite explain very well. but I am seeing Low Pass filters as an instrument in and of themselves... I think you have a really good ability to mix, and your sound is sparkling clean, I am wondering what a bit of phase and filter sweeps would do for it.... Now dont get me wrong, I am not saying go overboard like some sort of House musician... but I think audio damage is making a plug in perfect for you. Its a step sequencer filter... now I dont know much at the end of the day, but I really think, slight timber changes are going to bring a dynamic to your music that....

A. I think your looking for anyways

B. will help color the sound a little bit more...

I know for sure I dont have the best ears on Kvr.... and I really like your website.. think your music is good. IMHO there is a missing mess.... shucks, Hard to explain. but maybe if I listen to drum and bass I am hearing a messiness... definately with breakbeat.... oh, I cant not explain, maybe I do not know what I am talking about.... still really cool stuff. Can't wait to hear more. i dont think you should be unsure of yourself. you should listen to what is going on in my sequencer right now. it just sounds so not put together well, and needs hours and hours of work... :-)
I used to think the internet was going to unite mankind. Now I realize the internet is perhaps mankinds greatest wasteland of bickering, greed, and narrow minds. " And we all shine on, " Imagine that.

That's one heck of a bump, 1 year later, sheesh! :o
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Music Cafe”