Any informations about this songwriter/singer/composer ?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lou Maxwell Taylor

...a few mp3 of his masterpiece " The cheshire tree suite " on this page

http://www.progrock-dt.de/cheshire/mp3.html

i cannot say this music as beeing basically my cup of tea AT ALL,

but i'm amazed by the uniqueness of the style and the totally unusual orchestrations, this without scratching deeper into the lyrics actually ( i need time...)

:(

sad,

...very sad that it seems that there are no sequel to this first and only production
Last edited by Krakatau on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I like it. Sounds good to me.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

up

I found a lot of related info: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Lou+Maxwell+Taylor

He is good, thats for sure.

Hi--
I live in Vermont where I am a lawyer, married and raising two small children. I don't have much time to write or record these days but I am glad you like Cheshire Tree Suite.
Sincerely,
Lou Maxwell Taylor

Lmax wrote:Hi--
I live in Vermont where I am a lawyer, married and raising two small children. I don't have much time to write or record these days but I am glad you like Cheshire Tree Suite.
Sincerely,
Lou Maxwell Taylor
Hello

How Amazing !!!

I discovered a few extracts from the CTS. on the net and i though you've made an extraordinary work just considering this resolutely anticommercial spirit revealed by what i' ve heard of it
And I assume easily that it has been a quite thankless work from that point !

I also, of course, read a few critiques from your work on the web that compares it at a certain degree to this english signer/songwriter that you may know perhaps ( Peter Hammill ), though i'm persuaded that the comparison his more relevant in regard to a real inner self research that both of your lyrics may reveal

You may know I' m a bit moved and hope you don't bother too much, but i think these are rare qualities in pop-related musics, i strongly regret ( and at least i'm persuaded that i'm not the only one ) that someone like you cannot consecrate himself more deeper to his creation

Difficult to make import a copy of "The cheshire tree suite" here in switzerland by a CD shop, though i notice it on the musearecords website

Out of curiosity, how did you find this forum ?

Anyway welcome aboard, if you ever feel so, there is here a very good dynamism around the practice of digital audio workstation and all the related arsenal ( virtual instruments, effects,etc...) with constant feedbacks between developpers and musicians

______

P.S. just click the link down the signature if you're ever curious to have an idea of what i'm working as composer, this beeing my very first publication as well ...

[quote]I discovered a few extracts from the CTS. on the net and i though you've made an extraordinary work just considering this resolutely anticommercial spirit revealed by what i' ve heard of it
And I assume easily that it has been a quite thankless work from that point ![/quote]

You should give the whole thing a listen. It is easily available through amazon.de or Musea or Margen or from CD Baby or from the record company, QuixoteMusic.de.

I wouldn't describe it as "anticommercial," rather, that commercial considerations were just not part of what I had in mind. As to "thankless," when you make something you are proud of, and other people appreciate it too, it can't be called thankless. Not that it has made anyone much money....

[quote]Out of curiosity, how did you find this forum ?[/quote]

Google. Google is awesome.

[/quote]

Lmax wrote: You should give the whole thing a listen.
It's on the way, don't worry ...
Lmax wrote: I wouldn't describe it as "anticommercial," rather, that commercial considerations were just not part of what I had in mind. As to "thankless," when you make something you are proud of, and other people appreciate it too, it can't be called thankless. Not that it has made anyone much money....
Well... :oops: ...sorry if it you ever felt irritated by such a self-assured comment.

I was just bothered, thinking that you had to stop making musing, that works like this one aren't supported a bit more...

Return to “Music Cafe”