Johnny Cash - Hurt

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, firstly I've used Cubase VST, as my digi002rack is in the store for repairing. :) So I can not use Protools.

Secondly I've used a 12 dollar microphone in stead of my Rode NTK. Someone borrowed my NTK...

And thirdly I'm not used to use Cubase so.. but anyways, this is how it sounds.. :) http://www.saved-project.com/songs/Mixdown5.mp3

well! a cover of a cover tune; and you've done in almost exactly like the Cash version.
I love the song, and I really like your voice but you certainly could do better in the guitar/piano playing.
heady thing, trying to pull off this classic, kudos to you for that!

u mean Cash didn't make this one?? Cover of a cover? And what do u mean with heady thing? I'm not so good in english.. well.. you're probably right though.. I could use more time on this one.. I've only used a few hours. :)

btw, thanks for your comment on my voice.. Blessings =)

The original version is by Nine Inch Nails. I made a mashup using Hurt a couple of months back ... you might like it :hihi:

PeterDJ wrote:u mean Cash didn't make this one?? Cover of a cover?
'Hurt' is a Nine Inch Nails song.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks guys... I check em out on you tube.. I actually thought this was Johnny Cash.

btw I downloaded the teen spirit version... It was very cool.. =)

PeterDJ wrote: And what do u mean with heady thing? I'm not so good in english.. well.. you're probably right though.. I could use more time on this one.. I've only used a few hours. :)
I shouldn't have used that word, but I was trying to say your ambition was high, by doing this song. Personally, I prefer the Cash version over NIN. So very honest, his voice convinces me.

And for any hardcore NIN-heads there's actually also a live version on an old bootleg from 95 or so where Trent does Hurt in a duet with David Bowie. :)

Oh, and about the song. I'm with bluedad, the instrumental part needs some shaping up but your voice is nice. There's a really nasty high pitched noise coming from the microhpone though, with some decent noise filter you should be able to clean it up. I'd also say the vocals need some de-essing and the reverb cut be cut down in treble to avoid ringing on ess'es.

/Majken

well... this is a shure BG 1.1 (beta green) pluged to a soundblaster-card... so that makes this noise.. but perhaps I will make a better version in Protools when I get my digi002rack and my NTK back... :)

Hurt was really popular in 1994. A lot of press also covered the Fact that Cash was covering songs of this Nine Inch Nails song and Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus.

thecontrolcentre wrote:The original version is by Nine Inch Nails. I made a mashup using Hurt a couple of months back ... you might like it :hihi:
Hahaha, isn't that cute? thecontrolcentre is pimping his mashups and looking for kudos as if we should be impressed that he cut and pasted other people's songs together. I especially love the donate button right underneath the song like I should pay you something for listening to songs created by other people.

You're so adorable, I just want to pinch your cheeks.

Aether wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:The original version is by Nine Inch Nails. I made a mashup using Hurt a couple of months back ... you might like it :hihi:
Hahaha, isn't that cute? thecontrolcentre is pimping his mashups and looking for kudos as if we should be impressed that he cut and pasted other people's songs together. I especially love the donate button right underneath the song like I should pay you something for listening to songs created by other people.

You're so adorable, I just want to pinch your cheeks.
:lol:

bluedad wrote:well! a cover of a cover tune; and you've done in almost exactly like the Cash version.
I love the song, and I really like your voice but you certainly could do better in the guitar/piano playing.
heady thing, trying to pull off this classic, kudos to you for that!
Just wondered.. what does kudos mean??

Return to “Music Cafe”