November Contest: Results

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote:Ok mine didn't have lyrics, but I thought it deserved a place somewhere on the list of results, maybe I am just bitter.
Don't worry... It appears that the powers of the universe conspired against you, causing you to be disqualified for some mysterious reason! :shrug:

Better luck next time! :tu:

Cheers,
Alex :shock:

Examigan wrote:Ok mine didn't have lyrics, but I thought it deserved a place somewhere on the list of results, maybe I am just bitter.
First of all, congratulations to the winners.

At Examigan, as written before you forgot to vote, but I think you do have a point at the negative correlation between instrumental submissions and the number of votes in the end.
In my opinion the use of vocals is overrated in KVR-contests (except for october off course), participants have a sort of oral fixation.

Maybe I'm just bitter too.

Congratulations to all!

Thanks to the voters and reviewers. A special thanks to dreibel, Mr. Unexplained Bacon himself, for my first number 1 vote since March 2005. And an extra special thanks to Mello, for taking time to offer a detailed crit of my mix via PM. :hail:

I won't be collab-ing this December, but I'll make sure to vote.

Always a bit behind I am at the time, but:

Congrats to the winners, thanks to all reviewers and to those who voted for my track, esp. to Scoops who - in a momentary confusion, maybe - gave me a No. 1 :shock: :oops: :D

Well, and thanks to Scoops again for organizing this contest and to Markleford for saving us download time and, of course, to everyone who participated at all.

Concerning the idea of a "Kick Oddbod's bottom" contest, I have some lyrics ready:

"I lost my finger // at dungeness.
'twas an odd experience // I must confess".

Well, to be honest, the song "Dungeness" of the aforementioned KVR-contest-star is one of my "all time greats" here so far. I still listen to it quite often and it never fails to bring a smile to my face. Nevertheless I'll be an enthusiastic participant in that contest Scoops suggested... :wink: !

Cheers, V.

Scoops gave you the number one, cause he wants to come to the Canaries! :wink: We have small green bananas here, very tasty..... .

Thanks to Zach for the thanks and: Don't worry Laguna, your song is great and it's like a hidden beauty, which needs some time to be discovered..... .
Dungeness is my most beloved Oddbods-song and on my favourite mix-cd together with some other contest-goodies!
"It dreamed itself along"

Congrats oddbod, s.hush, lubi and all. :)

Cheers to voters and reviewers!
slartibartfast wrote:For those that are interested, the track with autotune removed (and the original vocal takes) is available here - the odd bum note, but it probably is an improvement on my original submission.
Thanks for this, slarty. I was going to request a version without autotune artefacts for posterity. Immeasurably improved. A wonderful song, now without any caveats. :tu:

Barnadine wrote:
slartibartfast wrote:For those that are interested, the track with autotune removed (and the original vocal takes) is available here - the odd bum note, but it probably is an improvement on my original submission.
Thanks for this, slarty. I was going to request a version without autotune artefacts for posterity. Immeasurably improved. A wonderful song, now without any caveats. :tu:
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

slartibartfast wrote:
Barnadine wrote:
Thanks too!
Liked it better without the damn autotune too :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Return to “Music Cafe”