Collab Knockman - Daniel Pompougnac

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The song still has that "on the edge" tension to it, but you continue to make every song you make into a gorgeous masterpiece.
Since i heard "Au Bord" i've wanted to buy a classical guitar. "Au Bord" is perfectly on par with Mortiis'"Crypt Of The Wizard" compilation. It's utterly fantastic.

subtle
evocative
delicate
inspiring

Thanks for this beautifull piece of music

i'm glad to see daniel's version getting more attention, it's become the definitive version for me - an honour.

it's particularly encouraging to come here and read these comments as my original version appears on the FAWM CD compilation, but received a scathing review in a US music paper; "misstep".."operatic dirge"... "jarring", i felt terrible as it implied not only had my song failed by itself, but had somehow also brought the entire compilation down too - all other tracks were variably praised :? oh well.
respirator wrote:Missed this. Beautiful.

Mr. Knockman... We have some unfinished business...
yes, the end of year and start of this one have tied me up, i hope to gain some time soon, perhaps we can create an operatic dirge :wink:

finally back to daniel, your treatment here is sublime and grows on me still, i'm proud of my small part in that. :D

regards

Thank's, guys.
Since i heard "Au Bord" i've wanted to buy a classical guitar.
Yeees ! Classical guitars are marvellous speaking instruments.
Thank's Lateralus :)
but received a scathing review in a US music paper; "misstep".."operatic dirge"... "jarring
Forget. Your songs are GREAT. :tu: :tu:

Daniel
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

beautiful!

never take critics seriously knockman, think of their views as entertainment. when people ask me what my fave albums are, "Berlin" (Reed) and "EVOL" (Sonic Youth) come to mind: both were ignored, made fun of etc.... for 10 years, then canonised and worshipped ;)

tastes differ, esp. when it comes to music. and i really think critics are the worst people to evalute new music.

... and have you ever read old reviews about rock'n'roll in 1950 ? :hihi:
Daniel

Spoonful of Honey was one of the best tracks, that came out last year (and it remains one of my favourite songs of all times). Some critics are just ridiculous. Some years ago, there was a bad critic about Radiohead's The Bends. It said, only one song was more or less good and the rest crap. Later they apologized for this review and their lack of judgement.

m
"It dreamed itself along"

Whereas of course taste is something that IS not possible to declare in a "I SAY SO SO IT MUSTtttttt BE SO, IN FACT IT ISSSSSS SO" - way, I'd nearly say criticising Honey in any version as "really bad" or sth is, errm, objectively wrong :oops: . Okay, taste is taste. I know friends who like Radiohead much, and I know friends who don't, both with a reason.
After listening to the joint-forces-version of your song again I like both VERY much, the song is a masterpiece. A true work of art, quite rarely found.
For me.

I like the idea that a song is good.
If anyone can sing a song and bring a new feeling, so I think the song is OK.
There's universal songs. For all languages.

It's difficult for me to understand that a guy write a bad review about this song. Because I'm sure Knockman has written a good song. A man don't think it's a good song ? Why not ? This not an end point.

I've liked sing this song. I don't like listen sing myself, but I can listen "Honey" again and again. The original and the cover.

Daniel

Return to “Music Cafe”