ChristmasTek: Post your Xmas Tunnies here!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI All

Decided to have some fun last night to get in the spirit of Christmas, and did a collage of some tunes and floated them together by secret algorithmic processes :-) The process *may* be described later.

ChristmasTek
http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=1457
4MBs

Merry Christmas from Tim

Comments welcome, and please post any Christmas tunes you guys have done too.
EDIT: changed the subject of the post so its not just about me, but US!!Lets hear some Tunes!!..or..get in the spirit,..and do your own rendition!

Tim
Last edited by tconrardy on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

I can't believe that nobody has posted a reply on here yet. I thought that this was absolutely lovely..

Anyway in support I offer a regurtitation of something I did with The Krakli Bel plugin.. Just so happens to be my favorite christmas tune, Silent Night.

I wish it was a bloody Silent Night, Webbo!

I find myself amused by the musical cowbells in the 2nd verse :D

lovely tune Tim :-)

a bit too early for xmas maybe but it will be still ok then ;-)

what did you use for it?
it sounds really superb.

rsmus7 wrote:lovely tune Tim :-)

a bit too early for xmas maybe but it will be still ok then ;-)

what did you use for it?
it sounds really superb.
Thanks rsmus7

Too early.???.its only a few weeks away..heck..its christmas time after holloween! :-)

Its not really for anything. I was fooling around with a past (unpublished) Algomusic project and then decided to try some christmas melodies agienst it, and it seemed to work. Did a few performances in eXT using M42, Ugo's REZ and Evol and Enceladus. Imported them into Tracktion and added WusikStation choirs( from Vox) some SFZ's of a fender music master bass and my duaghters violin as well as some Cameleon Bells. Its kinda dreamy..not exactly Mainhien steemroller, but hey..it got me in the spirit to decorate the tree :-)

ianweb123 wrote:I can't believe that nobody has posted a reply on here yet. I thought that this was absolutely lovely..

Anyway in support I offer a regurtitation of something I did with The Krakli Bel plugin.. Just so happens to be my favorite christmas tune, Silent Night.

I wish it was a bloody Silent Night, Webbo!

I find myself amused by the musical cowbells in the 2nd verse :D

Nice bells, and cool cowbells..I am impressed as well...I could visualize a musical box turning in the snow.:-)

and theres a Krakli bel plugin? I must have missed it!!

BTW, I used the Aries reverb a lot..even tho it does not have a GUI, the sound is amazing..I am hooked..and the presets are good enough as well. It makes those Bells go deep!

Tim,

Ariesverb is my go to verb. Preset #1, temple of the ancesters I think it's called. Makes anyone an Eno wannabe!

I have yet to find a verb that takes my meanderings and turn it into something I like to listen to so quickly.

I don't think it's even listed in the KVR database for whatever reason.

-Scott

I'm anxious to hear the secret algorithmic process!

I'm anxious to hear the secret algorithmic process!

well..it was a secret algomusic project that was the backbone to the pieces. It might be a long while before its released as it was just something fun the DR cooked up, and would need more testing, presets, samples, ect..but its the rytmical parts you hear.

Glad to see another Aries fan..I wonder if the dev will ever make a GUI for it!!??

But..I guess it IS kinda early for Christmas tune ..here at least on the cafe..but if anybody else would like to make a Christmas Tek Peice and post it..I would love to hear it!!

Tim

Edited top post to reflect change of subject

lets hear some Xmas Tunnies from KvRers!!

Tim

tconrardy wrote:Decided to have some fun last night to get in the spirit of Christmas, and did a collage of some tunes and floated them together by secret algorithmic processes :-) The process *may* be described later.

ChristmasTek
Great composition, nice and relaxed, definately your style and also Christmas :).
Nice one :).

Once again I promise to myself that I should organize my plugins based on type / sound, instead of only the developer. There's too much in my Krakli directory (just like the Tweakbench and Xoxos directories :(). And I really needed bells this time.

Here's what I did so far: Elves' Winter Festival (sorry no direct link yet. It's a first draft mixdown).
<put your signature here>

tconrardy wrote: Glad to see another Aries fan..I wonder if the dev will ever make a GUI for it!!??
I see absolutely no need for a GUI. I like the nice compact real-estate it uses right now.

I put Aries Verb on the tail end of a signal chain with interruptor's Bionic Delay on a warped tape delay setting, and I can pretend that I'm Robert Fripp collaborating with Brian Eno.

here's two non-christmas tunes featuring Aries Verb:

View From Mulholland

Ether (James Daniello did the cool bass stuff, strings and rainstorm)

-Scott

deleted, accidental submit.

-Scott
Last edited by rockstar_not on Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tconrardy wrote: Glad to see another Aries fan..I wonder if the dev will ever make a GUI for it!!??
I see absolutely no need for a GUI. I like the nice compact real-estate it uses right now.

I put Aries Verb on the tail end of a signal chain with interruptor's Bionic Delay on a warped tape delay setting, and I can pretend that I'm Robert Fripp collaborating with Brian Eno.

here's two non-christmas tunes featuring Aries Verb:

View From Mulholland

Ether (James Daniello did the cool bass stuff, strings and rainstorm)

-Scott

a good opportunity to post my Xmas from a couple of years ago.. i think it was for a KVR comp..:)

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/kvrcom ... looper.mp3

One of my favorite xmas tunes :hihi:

Ben

Thinking of diggin up the bones of a Christmas oldy done on the SQ-80. Esp now there's th SQ8L.

Any interest - worth the effort?

Return to “Music Cafe”