New Version of "Anyone"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks!

Haven't been here for a while due to lack of time. Anyway, my new song's called "Anyone" and I need your help. I've got the feeling I should add something in the chorus (The part going "There must be no doubt" as it feels a bit of empty for me.
Hope you can help me.

Best,

Tal

http://www.the-auditoriums.net/auditori ... php?t=4360
Last edited by Talvin on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds good... though have you DI'ed the electric guitar? it sounds way too close and the distortion doesn't sound organic to me?..

I think your right about the "There must be no doubt" bit too.. needs more omph... layer on some more of the electric distorted guitar and pan them... also give it more dynamics.. I.e. just before the chorus drop everything except the vocals on the "now", so that when the chorus comes in it's more of a wall of sound and hits the listener more. Maybe drop the drums a bit before that... that way it will build up to the chorus more...

but it's a great song..:)...

Ben

Thanks for the suggestion. :) I don't know if I can make the guitars sound better as they are virtual. I might double them though.
What about adding another instrument/melody in the chorus? Any ideas?

Talvin wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. :) I don't know if I can make the guitars sound better as they are virtual. I might double them though.
What about adding another instrument/melody in the chorus? Any ideas?
I wouldn't add more tune.. I would fatten up what you have in the chorus... and reduce in the verse.

Can you not record an electric guitar? or do you not have one? I'm assuming it's you playing the acoustic?

Ben

actually maybe in the chorus you could add a simple complimentary upward guitar riff...

Ben

All guitars you hear are virtual (Real Guitar/Virtual Guitarist). I'm a bit limited when it comes to electric guitars as VG can only play sampled riffs. The acoustic bits are played "live" with Real Guitar.

oh.. well they're not bad for fake guitars... had me fooled! but I do think that it's the guitars that are stopping this really shine.. If I didn't have shit loads of work to do on my songs at the moment I'd volunteer to re-record them for you and add to them... perhaps sometime in the new year I could do it though?

Ben

Ok. Looking forward to the new year then to hear some real guitars in this one. :)

Anyone else who has an idea/opinion on the song?

Oh come on. I am sure there are some experts out there with a good idea... :roll:

One last try. :help:

I'd be very :D if you have an idea for that "special something" in the chorus. Or is it only me who thinks it lacks something? :?

Unfortunately there are still no real instruments in the songs. The good news is I worked on the song and I think I have found the missing bit. I added some brass and made some minor changes.

I'd be happy if you'd give me some feedback on the latest version of the song.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=259522

Please? :?

And the latest version

http://up.universalhoster.net/5001_Talv ... e_V2_1.mp3

Maybe one day someone will answer. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”