DANGER another mashup

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did it again ...

SUPER POINT

:evil: :P

A little BUMP for me mash ...
I'm surprised no-one's had a go at me for this one yet ... :scared:

thecontrolcentre wrote:I'm surprised no-one's had a go at me for this one yet
Mashups??!? What kind of a no-talent loser does mashups? I have bum hair more musical than you. You sicken me, you harbinger of all that is foul and loathesome in this rot of a society. Leechthiefscumshitargghh.

How's that?

shamann wrote:How's that?
:cry: :lol: 8)

Just listened to this now. I'm not a big mash-up fan, and rarely have an overwhelmingly positive reaction to them. I'd much prefer to listen to creative remix/remodels of other tracks over this kind of hybrid, which feels more to me like a showcase on the wonders of modern mixing technology.

This one is technically well done, but I can't help but be reminded of those awful eurocheese cover versions of real songs, like where they stick a 140BPM boomtish boomtish over top some generic 20-something girl's vocal delivery of Aerosmith's Dream On. You know?

I'm sure the mash-ups are fun to do, but I hope you don't give up on your original music to do them, as your music is quite good and much better than any mash-up might suggest.

My 2p.

shamann wrote: I'm sure the mash-ups are fun to do, but I hope you don't give up on your original music to do them, as your music is quite good and much better than any mash-up might suggest.
Thanx shamman ... you're right ... i do the mashups for fun. :D They're a bit of a distraction when i'm bored ...
I am currently working on an album of original music in my Dangerous Orange guise, and will certainly not be giving up on my own music anytime soon ...

A BUMP for Friday Night ... :P

shamann wrote:This one is technically well done, but I can't help but be reminded of those awful eurocheese cover versions of real songs, like where they stick a 140BPM boomtish boomtish over top some generic 20-something girl's vocal delivery of Aerosmith's Dream On. You know?
I know what you mean ... but i use ONLY the tracks I'm mixing. I don't add kicks or pads, etc ... that's part of the challenge for me.
I think a mashup is more likely to appeal to you if you know the original tracks too ...

I listened to teen spirit, it was pretty good.

xsub wrote:I listened to teen spirit, it was pretty good.
thanks xsub 8)
I tried to check out your www but it's "forbidden" :scared:

Pull up to the BUMP er baby :P

Return to “Music Cafe”