[img006] SIGHUP - Drum Machine

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Intelligent Machinery Productions presents:
SIGHUP - Drum Machine

Drum machine emerges as an extension of the ideas developed by SIGHUP in the Machines series, which has aimed to create music entirely guided by the distinct qualities of any given sound source. While the drum machine series touches on more familiar and conventional sounds--and an effort was made not to modify the basic sound of the drum machines with many effects--structurally the tracks are intended not to follow conventional forms, or the ecstatic punctuation of meter of popular beats, but rather to weave sounds and phrases like vine formations. The structures are not dissimilar from SIGHUP's noisedrone work, but the change in the type of sounds used brings a new perspective to the SIGHUP style.

Free VBR mp3s
Full artwork

http://www.intelligentmachinery.net/releases/drum.php
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

Listening at work, and I'm loving the last track. Great building up!
"God...He's my favourite fictional character." Homer.

OMG it's Stevetechre!

pretty sweet sugar cubes

the listening shall be saved for airing moments later today (since I'm in prep mode for tomorrow)

Looking very much forward to this

Had a listen earlier today; this made for one heck of a pretty listen 8)

dystonia_ek wrote:OMG it's Stevetechre!
Cheeky!

Thanks everybody for checking it out.

This is rediculously boogylicious nonsense. What happened to PowerDrone Steve-0? What has the world come to? First Global Warming, now quantized SIGHUP? I'll bet you even used a piano roll on this didn't you?

Lovely Heresy, shamann.

:hihi:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

:hihi:

No piano roll, I swear it.

I'll resume noisedrone as soon as possible, although I'm feeling like I might have let the beats out of the box on this one, and they just won't go back in.

Boom-tish

shamann wrote:Boom-tish
boom-tish boom-boom-tissssssssssssttt
weeeeeeeeeeer
kklklklklklklklkl
kspurrdkkkK!boom-tish
booooofweeeerrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkullllll
mmmmmmmmnstwrsSporkkkkklllll?>oklkfkshxbbbzxxtishspurk
TISHH!!!
htwirkNNN
TISHH!!!

8)8)8)8)

herodotus wrote:
shamann wrote:Boom-tish
boom-tish boom-boom-tissssssssssssttt
weeeeeeeeeeer
kklklklklklklklkl
kspurrdkkkK!boom-tish
booooofweeeerrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkullllll
mmmmmmmmnstwrsSporkkkkklllll?>oklkfkshxbbbzxxtishspurk
TISHH!!!
htwirkNNN
TISHH!!!
Transcription can be a bitch.

Glad you enjoyed, John.

Damn, it's a mite quiet round these parts. Post anything, man, you gotta drink up.

like I said in the QuickFire thread - I have to listen to this garbage, I can't be expected to talk about it as well.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

You want me to write-up a formal review? or should I just infuse the thread with my instinctive raw emotional reaction?

Return to “Music Cafe”