Mary Had A Little Dance (dance, of course!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dude....I'm still laughing that you're so serious in defending trance dance cover song remakes. the joke is on you, punk - read from the top-down again....and oh, pay close attention to the COVER SONGS, but of course.....I wouldn't expect a "trance head" to know them. :drunk:

you know...you're right, it doesn't sound quite like bobbing bass music on drugs, dammit....i should have bought those Vengeance Sample Discs! Ahhh!!!!

personally "trance" gives me a headache and therefore I think it sucks........so now what?? :shrug:

Can someone tell me why they hate this song, b/c im confused...

because they imagine that Holymoly is at home jamming out to this kind of stuff, and they can't seem to tell that the whole thing is a bit of a joke.
I think it's hilarious. Something i'd do when i'm REALLY bored. :D

Ha, ha, very funny.

But the sounds are **it - you shoulda used the Nexus demo.

YBaCuO

i actually stayed in Sugar Land, near Houston. The only Germans were other exchange students, but we agreed to speak English with each other. Really helped to learn the language.

Don't know why cryogenic is so negative, I think this song is just plain fun, who cares about genres?

Heh... this is pretty funny. I'll give the production a nod (it actually sounds quite wide and full, in a good way). I'd rather use a cheese grater on my chest than listen to this again though! :scared: It ranks up there with the hamster dance song, or that awful cotton-eye-joe remake.

But for the record, my niece Maddie thought it was really cool (she just turned 6). I'm assuming that's the target range you were going for, so kudos on that account. :wink:

lateralus778 wrote:because they imagine that Holymoly is at home jamming out to this kind of stuff, and they can't seem to tell that the whole thing is a bit of a joke.
I think it's hilarious. Something i'd do when i'm REALLY bored. :D
:tu: right on, lats - you made my day. hehe..."jammin" out to nursery rhymes... :lol: we've got a 4-man acoustical jam happening mañana.....maybe we'll have to scrap the rock tunes and shoot for kiddie songs instead. :hihi:

YBaCuO wrote:Ha, ha, very funny.

But the sounds are **it - you shoulda used the Nexus demo.

YBaCuO
you're right, YBaCuO - all those "sounds are **it" are from Necksus daddy = Vanguard (factory presets only) :shrug:

jakob wrote:i actually stayed in Sugar Land, near Houston. The only Germans were other exchange students, but we agreed to speak English with each other. Really helped to learn the language.

Don't know why cryogenic is so negative, I think this song is just plain fun, who cares about genres?
jakob - yep..my land is also near sugarland! ;) that's great to hear that you guys forced yourself to speak English to each other....I can imagine how hard that was esp. knowing you could easily kick into your native language to express yourselves better. i say good on ya! :tu:

unfortunately they're negative because i put one toe on their trance cover song turf and they didn't like it. :x

advaya wrote:Heh... this is pretty funny. I'll give the production a nod (it actually sounds quite wide and full, in a good way). I'd rather use a cheese grater on my chest than listen to this again though! :scared: It ranks up there with the hamster dance song, or that awful cotton-eye-joe remake.

But for the record, my niece Maddie thought it was really cool (she just turned 6). I'm assuming that's the target range you were going for, so kudos on that account. :wink:
hey cool...thanks for the nods, advaya. i haven't sat down to get serious with fine-tuning it as eventually I'll replace all the sounds with other synths I own - using Vanguard was just a little rule I gave to myself as an "ode to Necksus trance fatty acids". :hihi:

glad to hear your niece enjoyed it - and yep! it's all about the kids on this one. I gave it a quick test run with my little girls before posting it up....it passed the test, so up it went! ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”